Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Kudos to Bush (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Kudos to Bush
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So far, the true people "handling" the situation are Pataki and Giuliani, simply because, as the leaders of New York, they're in the best position to do so. Bush has a much larger picture to look at, and so far he and Powell seem to be doing a great job.

Somethings seem scripted. The phone call between Pataki, Giuliani and Bush sounded scripted or rehearsed. This isn't neccessarily a bad thing, as it's important that the nation be unified (even if, like me, citizens don't particularly care for our Commander-in-Chief). I can't say whether or not the whole "Well, I can hear you!" thing was scripted or not, but it did it's job.

Again, these aren't criticisms of the way things are being handled, just observations.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MrStormyNights
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must say, the future does not look good. I don't know if Bush is doing a good job as of yet because he hasn't done anything, except maybe give a couple of speaches. I hope we really are prepared for what the future will bring, because I agree, we are about to get into a tit-for-tat war with terrorism. If we as a nation don't make some serious changes in reguards to security, it could happen again very easily. We demand our freedoms based on a bill of rights that was written when we didn't have the technology we do today. I really hate those people that say I have they right to own an ozzie, just because of some amendment to the constitution that was written when they didn't even exist. I think we need to re-evaluate what is important to us. I would gladly put up with less freedoms if I knew my way of life was safe. We can't even stop all the violence from within, our own children are going on shooting sprees, how are we supposed to stop the violence from abroad when we can't take care of our problems at home.

I also believe if we do not strike with the full force of our might and bring fear into the hearts of our enemies, we are destined to relive the events of Sept 11, 2001. Only time will tell if Bush can handle the stress or not, I am one american that hopes he can.

God bless AMERICA!

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
don't know if Bush is doing a good job as of yet because he hasn't done anything, except maybe give a couple of speaches.

Well, like I said, so far the Federal gov't seems to be doing a good job figuring out who was responsible for this and assembling international support for any action which might happen. That said, yes, so far the ones we know to be doing an excellent job without doubt are Giuliani and Pataki. We'll discover in the coming days and weeks more of how Bush is doing handling the job.

quote:
We demand our freedoms based on a bill of rights that was written when we didn't have the technology we do today. I really hate those people that say I have they right to own an ozzie, just because of some amendment to the constitution that was written when they didn't even exist.

It's an "UZI." And its illegal in this country. This really isn't the thread for another gun-debate, although the question of how to interpret the Constitution is a heated one.

quote:
God bless AMERICA!

If that were true, these horrific events would not have unfolded.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I really hate those people that say I have they right to own an ozzie

I can't see why. It's in the Constitution, plain as day:

quote:
Being necessary for the development of a free and healthy metal community, the right to own Black Sabbath albums shall not be infringed.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to ruin your joke, but that's "Ozzy".

One does wonder, though, about the people who want the right to own a harriet...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*cough*Nixpicking*uncough*

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps