Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Free Kevorkian! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Free Kevorkian!
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

NOW!

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or else what?

Personally, I'm in favor of letting someone who is terminally ill and/or suffering debilitating pain die, if they want to.

But Jacko crossed some lines, including videotaping it. Don't wory, eventually someone will take his place. Hopefully someone who isn't such an attention-hound.

Oh, and to the people who say that chronic pain sufferers can be treated with medication. You know what? They can't always. I know. See, my gf suffers from chronic pain from three sources: cervical rib resectioning collateral damage, interstitial cystitis, and chronic severe migraines. (if you want, ask and I'll explain those things).
She's also allergic to most forms of pain medication (because they're all in the same two or so "families" of drug, the bases of which she's allergic to) except Demerol.
Since Demerol is classified as a narcotic, it's extremely dificult to find a primary-care physician who is willing to prescribe such medicine to a patient on a regular basis.
Because of the crackdown on addicts, and doctors who prescribe narcodics, an innocent person suffers. (&^%$ing HMO's!)

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of Two, are so correct. My mother has Cerebral palsey, and she deals with so much pain and migranes, its hard to get the right medications. She had to go to a special clinic in order to get a doctor to prescribe what she needed.

------------------
Jeff Raven - Having more fun than any human being should be allowed to have

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
definition of HMO:
Shortened from the original"Hey,Moe", named for Dr. Moe Howard, who discovered that a person would forget about the pain in there feet if poked sharply in the eyes.

------------------
The Naked Now

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a paper on this...

He isn't murdering anyone ... he is providing relief to the patients that need him. And it's not like he goes out there and advertises...
"Want to Die? Call 1-800-kill-me-now" ..

He doesn't do that ... so what's the other people's beef? .. I just don't see it.

------------------
There are people who one loves immediatly and forever. Just to know that you exist in the same world together is sufficient. Till I loved, I never lived - enough.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jubes.... videotaping and putting it on 60 minutes isn't advertising?

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a difference here between advertising to make a profit and broadcasting to raise awareness.

I have no qualms with what he did. TV is a communication tool. Use it.

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What he did was illegal. He had been aquitted several times, but video taped this one to force the issue. He created the evidence that sent him to jail. He lost in court.

Do I agree with what he did. I don't know. I've never known anyone who was so sick that they wanted to die.

------------------
The Naked Now

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may eventually be that ill, as my disease progresses. *shrugs* But I still don't know if I would want to take my life because of that.

However, it is not whether or not we would do something like that, or whether or not WE PERSONALLY think it is right. It is a simple matter of who has the right to do something, and who doesn't.

------------------
There are people who one loves immediatly and forever. Just to know that you exist in the same world together is sufficient. Till I loved, I never lived - enough.

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kevorkian.

If that doesn't sound like a sci-fi alien race I don't know what does.

Dominion Forces Take Kevorkia

Dominion battleships and Cardassian warships launched an all attack against Kevorkia, taking the planets in a matter of hours. Thousands of Kevorkians fled their home planet, but many were captured in orbit and millions remain on the surface.
"It was horrible. They have destroyed our quality of life. We could just die," reflected one Kevorkian. The concensus was mutual among all survivors.
The Kevorkians where last reported to be heading towards Heaven's Gate.

------------------
IF is the middle word in Life.
--Appocalypse Now

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a documentary about a doctor in the Netherlands performing euthanasia. It was one of the most upsetting things I've ever seen on TV.

------------------
"I am greater than the stars for I know that they are up there and they do not know that I am down here." - William Temple

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

In what way?

Euthanasia is a good thing!

RW
Member # 27

And it's legal here.

RW
Member # 27

which is good.

RW
Member # 27

If you are really very ill and going to die in a short time anyway and don't want the pain anymore.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.