Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » This disgusts me.

Author Topic: This disgusts me.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read for yourselves. I'm too sickened to say much more on this matter.

(I wonder if there is ANYTHING on this goddamned piece of rock that isn't less important than money.)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is WRETCHED. The people foisting these frauds ought to be forced to watch continuous loops of the horrible devastation from Tuesday's attacks Clockwork Orange style while being continuously kicked in the knutsacs until the families feel better or their legs get tired. I don't know what to do for the girls.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe, Balaam, that the word you're searching for is "speculum."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOW do you believe me when I say that there are certain segments of our society that should be taken out and shot, and that it's not immoral to think so?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, not really. I think you need to go outside and lay in the long grass with your girlfriend, though.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The gf and I BOTH could use that. BEYOND all this tragedy, which she feels especially bad about because of her high sympathetic empathy, so much so that I've urged her to stop watching television for a while, she's dealing with the likelihood that her sister (the breadwinner in the family) may have cancer.

And I may need to have surgery soon, as I've got a clump of blood vessels (the technical term is 'cavernous hemangioma') which has recently become dangerously swollen and is rather excruciatingly painful at times.

When it rains, it rains friggin' BUCKETS.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear that, First. I did a few seconds of Google-assisted research. At least the surgery doesn't sound too intensive. Keep us informed.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey First, good luck to you...
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Well, one spot of luck... my hemangioma has returned to normal with the aid of medication, and I can walk okay again.

The biopsy results for Julie's sister should be in today, I think.

Also, I've learned that I can't be drafted (unless things get REALLY bad)... because I can't enlist. I checked.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob,

Good to hear you're doing okay.

Re: enlisting. I was under the impression (I think from one of the Navy websites or so) that a person couldn't enlist if they were over a certain age, 27, I thought. I could be wrong.

If things in this "war" get bad enough and the draft is called ... well, let's hope we'll have enough sense to pull out of a war if things get that bad.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that all men are required ot keep the Selective Service notified of changes in address until they turn 26...so I guess I was under the impression that 18-25 was the age bracket in which the draft was conducted.

Someone high up was asked about the draft and he said that it would not be necessary as many scenarios wouldn't require overly extensive ground troops and the recruiting goals of all branches had been met for a few years.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

*Yodaspeak* "He is too old... too old, to begin the training..."

But you know what REALLY sucks (getting back to the origin of the thread)...

I've heard tell that some of the 'hotlines' set up to collect disaster relief money might have not only been rip-off hoaxes, but hoaxes to collect money FOR THE FUNDS OF THE #$%@*&ERS WHO DID THIS!!!

[ September 19, 2001: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob,

I'm not surprised that those stories are circulating, but is there any truth to said stories ... ?

Quaint little recruiting story here in Maryland. A 62-year old former Marine marched into the recruiting office to demand he be reinstated. Told he couldn't, both he and the recruiting sergeant were in tears. Touching.

I do mean that.

But it doesn't look like the services are expecting to use the draft. Even though more people then usual are going to recruiting stations, a Marine recruiter on the radio the other day pointed out that all recruiters are looking for people who are just there because of the attacks, and those people who would be looking for service regardless of.

[ September 19, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.