Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » 2 planes just hit the world trade center in new york (Page 11)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: 2 planes just hit the world trade center in new york
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we just dont know where to go to fight

i think internet traffic is being affected.. while the news sites are coping with the overload, i cant get a lot of international sites.. like bernd's EAS for example

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A swedish mosque was approached by demonstrators who wanted to tear the place down for being muslim. The vice chairman of the swedish muslim association or what it's called was there himself, unaware of the news.
As I said a long time before, damn these people for tearing down a religion's image for all the surviving believers.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard of the tragic news this afternoon at approximately 14:40 GMT while at work. At first I thought it a sick joke by one of the lads in the IT department, but my scepticism soon turned to shock as a guy from the finance department confirmed it.

Anyone who could, ran for a TV set and stood in shock as they watched the carnage unfold before them thousands of miles away. Words escape me as I try to describe how I felt as I watched the scenes before me. The sight of those buildings collapsing, the people trapped inside, the panic stricken people outside, the emergency services people helpless to stop the horrific events, and the fate of the innocent people in the hijacked planes is something that will remain with me - with all of us - forever.

I know I speak for all those here at Broxtowe College Nottingham when I say that we are deeply shocked and angered by the events today. Our hearts, thoughts and prayers go out to you all.

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JeffK , the PA plane was not shot down , Witnesses say it came down on its own.

Anti Islamic sentiments are growing all over , I wouldnt be surprised if poor innocent Muslims are being dragged into the streets. The sad part is that the silent Majority suffers for the sins of the vocal minority , in this case the fanatic Islamic organizations or if I want to be totally direct. These Organizations that HIDE under the name of Islam so as to pervert the religion into their own docterine and use it to justify their hatred.

I too fear that this could turn into the same thing Japanesse Americans faced after Pearl Harbor.

I think we should all remember that out of the tens of thousands who lost their lives , were members of all races and creeds and under whatever skin color or religious belief they were Americans same as any other.

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nicely Said, Obese Penguin.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe a decision not to take responsibility is logical. The hijackers die in the greatest glory of martyrdom, to accept being anonymous, leaving no target for the US to retaliate against, comfortable in (their) belief that the whole muslim world will silently support it, without anyone becoming a target. Win-win situation.

Maybe they studied Tom Clancy movies and decided NOT to leave a face on a "arrogant confession" tape, nor any sound tapes that Tom Cruise or Peter Graves or MacGyver could decipher and deny them a computer file with perfect mugshots on the perpetrators.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: G.K Nimrod ]

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching the news at school today. and they said it was too early to confirm any accusations to any known terrorist groups. Has that been changed? i saw the pictures on T.V. of the people in the WTC above where the plane hit. they were waving a piece of cloth out the window when the building collapsed. I'll always remember that. Ireally don't want this, but i'd like to see those responible SKINNED ALIVE. and have thier half rotten carcasses fed to rats.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Nim
Member # 205

I just saw the other building close to WTC, a 47-story one, that also went down. Just sunk down vertically, like a professional wrecking blow, no tipping. I'm starting to think about that preset bomb theory.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Late Breaking News ....

Anti Air Craft Fire reported over Kabal , Afghanistan followed by what appears to be white streaks being reported as Missiles.

Dan Rather is saying that the explosion being a result of Missiles is not confirmed but this does seem to fit the bill of a Tomahawk Missile attack.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fianc�e's best friend work with someone whose husband was over in New York on business - at the WTC. She was panicking until she got a call from him from his hotel - he didn't feel too good so didn't go in today.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

An old friend of mine just phoned and told me his sister worked in the WTC complex he is now working on getting some kind of transportation to New York ...

I'm hoping she is as lucky as your friend Lee.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Obese Penguin ]

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My God...
To think I heard about this on the Doug Banks show.The worst terrorist attack in the history of the world.
To tell you the truth, I was (am) scared. Sorry I am just telling you.

--------------------
Meh

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vogon Poet ...then he'll be thanking his lucky stars for the rest of his life. I've been in the offices of those towers, and to the observation deck at the top - on more than one occasion. This is the most horrific thing I've think I've heard of, and witnessed in my life. Words can't express my utter shock, and dismay at this whole atrocity.

It is as some have said like a disaster movie - ever watched 'Executive Decision'? it's as close to this scenario as any other. But could one really believe this could happen at this scale in real life? I couldn't, and it is why I'm so very shaken and upset, as we all are tonight.

There is no description other than EVIL for what these people have done. They must have their reasons. And if it really is indeed Islam extremists responsible for this, then it must be that in their twisted eyes and fanatic souls they see us as the infidel; we are the evil ones; us and our democracy. But they are incorrect. Alright our western world and its way of life is not perfect, we have a multiude of problems that still pervade society, but how could they do this!!? Other than the political situation and the believed sympathy for the Israelis, we would not, and could not use images and ideals of our Gods to strike down human beings of other faiths in acts of appalling mass terrorism.

Justice, and I say justice, not simple blind retaliation, should be tough and absolute, but not until the culprits have been identified without doubt. But one must have fears that many other inncocent lives might be lost in this process, and then this whole darned situation could blow horribly out of control - this must be prevented, lest this trigger the real 'end of days'.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those killed and injured, or otherwise affected, and may our heads remain composed, and hearts not swell with the exact same anger and desires for vengeful violence of those that in the beginning perpetrated this terrible act.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reasons that I've heard for the attack... as for which is true I don't know.

15th anniversary of the Camp David Accords the signing of the peace treaty between the Palistinians and the Israelis.

September 11th: International Day of Peace, as christened by the UN in 1981.

Also, today is also the day back in 1970 the U.S. reckonized Isreal as an Independent Country. Since then, we (the U.S.) have been marked.

One of Bin Laden's people was to go on trial tomorrow at a court near the WTC.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today is September 11th.

9/11/01.

Notice the month and day? 911. Crazy, huh?

Or, for another thing odd, look at the date today is being compared to. Dec. 7th ... Sept 11th ... 7/11. Obviously, this strike was coordinated by Arab workers to show unity for Arabs working at 7/11's ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  17  18  19   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps