Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » 2 planes just hit the world trade center in new york (Page 17)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: 2 planes just hit the world trade center in new york
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some experts say that they hate Israel because we sponsor them, not vice versa. I've heard it both ways. But I say they just hate everyone indiscriminately, and we're the biggest target.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um Omega, SDI is related, indirectly of course, to the attack tuesday.
The line of thought for those against it say something like "well, SDI would have done jack shit against conventional attacks (which were proven to be devestatingly effective), let's spend the $ on other programs". Those for it feel, "well they've done this, what's stopping them from launching a nuclear missile, we need every form of protection possible".
I won't take a side, but don't brush it off like the problem doesn't exist.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so I'm watching ST3...& just as Enterprise's bridge explodes, TNN's ticker runs by with the standard "We at TNN wish to express our sorrow & sympathy for the victims of the recent attacks on this nation" statement.

Irony.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An emotional day at National Cathedral. 4 ex-presidents and Bush. The hyms were beautiful and moving. It's also moving to see other countries supporting the US in the time of this crisis.

Here in Wisconsin everyone was donating blood, and they had to close down the Expo Center because they had too much. It's sad to see that a terrorist attack has to bring a nation together, and not a happier occasion, but nonetheless it is a show of patriotnisim (sp?).

They've found the flight recorders of both the Pentagon and Pennsylvania crahses. Unfortunately, the voice recorder from the one from the Pentagon is too damaged to use, so we won't here from that. Looks like the only crash we may be able to figure out what took place on board is the most mysterious one.

Stand together.

--------------------
Meh

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The line of thought for those against it say something like "well, SDI would have done jack shit against conventional attacks (which were proven to be devestatingly effective), let's spend the $ on other programs".

*L*

There's a non-sequitor if I ever heard one. Nuclear submarines didn't stop these attacks, either. Should we cut funding for those? Or how 'bout we scuttle all the aircraft carriers? They didn't do much good against these attacks, either.

Stand together.

Tell that to the scumbags that are attacking Bush at a time like this. Can you believe some of the things these people are saying?

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, they hate us because we're supporting their mortal enemy -- nevermind that half the time we're trying to keep their mortal enemy from taking even stronger measures to retaliate when they're attacked and that they're only the mortal enemy because they had the nards to lay claim to a bit of desert that was theirs for thousands of years before even the Romans came, and which they were only driven out of by those self same peoples, and that without our demand for oil, they'd still be petty thugs with nothing at all of value.

Hey, their 'mortal enemy' was attacked from three sides just moments after they became a country, fought two wars for survival, and managed to stage the most successful tank battle in history (parhaps eclipsed now by ours in the Gulf War), tripling their held territory. And then we made them give most of it (the Siani peninsula) back.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's like trying to talk to an eel, but once more: Endless partisan sniping belongs elsewhere.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surely you mean holding on to an eel, rather than talking to one?
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't talk to eels and I don't hold on to eels. Both activities are in my "List of Things I Don't do to Eels" (soon to be published by Pocket Books $3.99 U.S./$4.99 Can.)

Both activities seem difficult, and distasteful

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surely you mean holding onto an eel, rather than talking to one.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh! Simon's future broadcasting my posts!

He has powers.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still say its hard to talk to an eel too!!!!!!

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Omega
Member # 91

Endless partisan sniping belongs elsewhere.

Partisan sniping? Who said anything about parties? I'm COMPLAINING about partisan sniping.

Getting a little quick on the trigger, there, Simon.

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, this IS the OL, not the Flameboard. The 'Offensensitivity' levels are a bit lower here.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob,

You've really got no place to speak about partisan bitching, considering your comments regarding Gore.

On WBAL 1090AM in Baltimore last night, Bruce and his listeners and caller-ins spent four hours talking about Clinton's appearance in New York. FOUR FUCKING HOURS. How many people are dead? And it seems like all the Republicans want to do is cry about Clinton. Jesus Christ people, get over yourselves. The citizens don't want to hear more Republicans crying about the ex-President, they want to find out how they can help with the disasters in Arlington and New York, and what we're going to do about this. You know, you guys are only making yourselves look like dividers. And you're acting like pricks. At least 5,000 people are dead. Could you at least act like you'd rather worry about helping the rescue efforts, and not use this opportunity to scream at Bill Clinton? I know if I was one of the dead, I'd be really pissed off if my death was being used for no other reason then another reason for Republicans to cry about what an evil man Bill Clinton is.

[ September 15, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps