Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » 2 planes just hit the world trade center in new york (Page 4)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: 2 planes just hit the world trade center in new york
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MSNBC reported these planes unaccounted for: American Airlines 11, American Airlines 77, United Airlines 175, United Airlines 93. AA11 was confirmed, but what plane was involved in what attack I don't know.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... isn't Newark IN NJ?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they are still wondering about the one thats heading toward dc.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but someone said 45 minutes ago that it was 15 minutes outside DC

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A plane did hit near Camp David MD, but there's no damage to the Camp. Another plane crashed west of Pittsburgh.

I just found out about this a little bit ago -- a kid in my Intro Theater class was talking about some planes crashing into the World Trade Center, but I thought they were little Cessnas or something. Then I go to the lounge at the Union, and some techs are setting up TVs ... one of 'em happened to be turned to CNN. There was a crowd of us clustered around the TV.

I left school immediately. I've got friends and family in DC, and friends in downtown New York who I am really worried for and about. So far, I haven't been able to get in touch with any of them.

(If I was the first one to begin this thread, I would've titled it "Fuck 'em")

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nim,

Newark is in NJ near New York. I think you're thinking of Dulles, which is from where one of the planes took off. That's in Virginia.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Newark is considered to be New York's third international airport due to the proximity to New York.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I've flown out of four airports in my life.

Dulles.
Logan.
Newark.
BWI.

Three of them have played roles in this attack.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There hasn't been anything new about the supposed plane heading into D.C.

Right now there is no report as to where Air Force One is currently at. Air Force One was airbone soon after the first attack, and since it took off, no one knows where it is heading, or if it is even going to land. Air Force One is capable of staying airborne "indefinatly". Congress has also been moved to their secure classified location.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The plane that crashed in PA was going from Newark to San Fransisco, I THINK. No telling what the target would have been, assuming it was even a terrorist attack. It could have just been a coincidence.

General Clark apparently says that Bin Laden is the only one with the resources to do this. Anyone want to start a betting pool on how much longer he has to live?

I fully expect Airforce 1 to land only long enough to move the president to NEACP. He'd be far better equiped to deal with anything from there.

Is there any way we can find out the status of other flights? Are all commercial flights down yet?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, all the airports are closed, so no more are getting up. I would imagine we've got Air Force/Navy/National Guard/Marine fighters in the air making sure nothing funny happens with any planes which might still be in the air.

As for Bin Laden, he also made a comment a few weeks ago about an upcoming terrorist attack of an unprecedented scale against the U.S. infastructure.

Speaking of whom, we couldn't find him after the Cole. We bombed the wrong targets in our hurry to get him (thanks, CIA). All this will do is harden our resolve to get him, but I don't know that it means we will get him.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: MeGotBeer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All planes in America and Canada are currently grounded, and as far as I know there are no more "missing" planes, but that isn't confirmed yet. All flights right now are cancelled. All American Airlines flights worldwide are also grounded.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I'd calmed down enough to post rationally, but I was wrong.

And I don't CARE.

September 11th is the new "Day which will live in infamy." We are at WAR, people, whether we've declared it or not, THEY have. And this war will be harder to fight... at least Pearl Harbor's attackers had an obvious home base to attack. These little mobile cowards will be harder to flush out.

But we have to do it. Such a craven, hideous act cannot go unpunished. We must find the mastermind (I'm betting on BinLaden), and pull out his entrails on global satellite TV. Send in the SEALS, or the Rangers, or whoever we have trained to GET these people, and wipe them off the face of the Earth once and for all. SCREW Afghanistan's sovreignty. This wasn't JUST an attack against the US. It's not only US companies that used the World Trade Center. This was an attack on the WHOLE WORLD.

Make them PAY.

Oh, Gods, I think I'm having a psychotic episode.

What's really frightening is that people aren't going to be able to differentiate... they're going to start taking out their anger on anybody who seems arabic in origin, soon. That won't be pretty. Anybody seen the movie "The Siege?"

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

The Mexican border has been sealed.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Yeah, but let's make sure that Bin Laden and Afghanistan was responsible first. Then send in the Marines. The Afghanis thought the Soviets were tough to fight? Give me a knife and a Marine's unfirom.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps