Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Congratulations, Mr. Bush (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Congratulations, Mr. Bush
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[WHINE&RANT]GRRRRR. Bush forgot to mention CANADA in that address. And after all the supplies and manpower we sent to New York. And not even a thank you.[/WHINE&RANT]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he mentioned Great Britain. It wouldn't make sense if he meant that island itself, so he was probably referring to the British Empire. So, he had you covered. :-)
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
didja get a load of the expressions on Hillary's face during the speech? Yeesh!

Yes, I did. And now, because of that, it's possible that any credibility she might have had to win the presidency in 2004 is gone.

Don't everyone cry at once.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes, I did. And now, because of that, it's possible that any credibility she might have had to win the presidency in 2004 is gone.

Except she made it very clear to most people (you, apparently, an exception) that she would fulfill her elected role as Senator, and not leave that position early for another political spot (similar to the promise Bush made when running for re-election as Governor of Texas ... except, he broke it).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry here, but could someone please explain to me what a Hillary Clinton's facial expression has to do with the price Jeff pays for gas for his Jeep?

Or what Hillary Clinton's facial expressions has to do with anything for that matter?

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
with the price Jeff pays for gas for his Jeep?

Uhhh ... did gas get mentioned at all?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The expression usually is what does X have to do with the price of tea in China, but I just wanted to make it more personal.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Ah, I see.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Except she made it very clear to most people (you, apparently, an exception) that she would fulfill her elected role as Senator, and not leave that position early for another political spot

Everyone who believes that, stand on their heads...

quote:
Or what Hillary Clinton's facial expressions has to do with anything for that matter?

Almost every time the camera was on her, she was either a)rudely talking while everyone else was trying to listen to Bush's speech, or b)making facial expressions to the effect of "I really don't want to be here." At least that's what I got out of it.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
Everyone who believes that, stand on their heads...

If she doesn't throw her name into the pot (what is it, two years?), I expect to see you stand on your head.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Ok, now bear with me. I just want to make sure that I got this.

The camera pans over the crowd and as a result every so often...most defiantly not all the time mind you...catches a glimpse of the junior senator from New York. I think the camera even caught the senior senator from New York and quite possibly even the representative from the 3rd Congressional District on New Hampshire.

Anyway, people want to give great import to the screen grabs that caught the occasioned glimpse of Hillary Clinton, still just the junior senator from New York.

Why? Because she's Hillary Clinton.

Does it mean anything? Naw. None of us can read minds. But what they hay, let suppose and conjecture with no evidence. Heck, I even saw that El Rusho made a big deal about this on his web page so it must have some importance.

Or, maybe is doesn't mean a single stinking thing.

And anyway, I think Bush looks dazed and confused all the time with his classic "deer in Jeff's headlights" thing. So if looks matter, man are we in trouble.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
"deer in Jeff's headlights"

Oh, Jesus Christ ... if I ever hit another deer, I'm never telling any of you about it, ever!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Come now, that was funny.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps