Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Operation Infinite Justice (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Operation Infinite Justice
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was listening to Howard Stern this morning when he said that America's war or whatever it is on terrorist has been renamed. Apparently because Muslims believe that only God can deliver infinite justice that it's wrong for us to use the name.

Other countries call Americans a bunch of pussies... I'm starting to think they're right. I mean, who cares what the Muslims think of the name... it's just a name. But no, we're so goddamn politically correct we have to change the name to keep everybody happy.

Someone insults Americans.. it's okay because they have a right to express their own opinion. But if you go to Canada and insult their beer or hockey they kick your ass...or so I'm told. Hell I'll go to Canada, at least they have some sort of pride and make a stand unlike people here that worry about offending others. Just another example of a minority group forcing it's views and opinions onto the majority.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here in Baltimore, we're Americans. If someone is stupid enough to wear New York Yankees stuff around here, they'll get a serious ass-kicking. Hell, they'll be lucky to survive. I'm sorry if wherever you're from, you and your neighbors don't have a good old fashioned does of "hometown pride." Sure, we've got a pretty high homicide rate -- anyone remember Homicide: Life on the Street? Based on the book Homicide: A Year On The Killing Streets written by a journalist who spent a year with Baltimore's homicide detectives. The show is inspired by real-life shit that happened in this city ... Baltimore hardly ranks with Boston or New York or Philidelphia as East Coast cities that are "happening" ...

...but we've got the Ravens, and the Orioles ... and the National Aquarium, and Johns Hopkins University, as well as Towson University, Loyola University, Women's College of Notre Dame, Morgan State, UMBC, and the USS Constellation. We've also got the best crabs (as in, you know, the food) in the nation. We're rated #1 in the U.S. for meeting singles -- although we probably owe that a lot to our proximity to Washington, D.C. (half an hour away). We're the birthplace of Babe Ruth, and in 1939, it was here that the Jewish community protested the shore leave of a German warship. We've been seen in The X-Files, featured proudly in Homicide, and immortalized in films like "Diner." We're famous as the place where people say "hon." Tom Clancy has not only set scenes of books in Baltimore, but even in my own neighborhood.

I don't know what you're talking about, Americans not having pride. Sure, I mock other Americans -- especially anyone from Texas, sorry, Siggy -- as much as anyone, but when it comes down to it, you make fun of Baltimore, and you better watch your back if you're ever in town ...

You're confusing being "PC" with good judgement. Since the Muslem religion tells them only God can make war, how are they going to feel when Bush labels his anti-terrorist campaign "God's Vengeance" (what was it named?) They're certainly not going to think, "oh, gee, it's not an attack on Islamic faith, no..." Since one of the goals of any retaliation is to make certain people know we're not going after Islam, we've got to be particularly sensative to their religion.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps they could call it Operation McJustice. Y'all wanna be fried with that? 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was an episode of X-Files set in my home town of Chepachet, RI. They got the name of the highway wrong.

While were bending over, we should change the name to 'Operation: Gee, We're Sorry Our Buildings Got in Your Way' .. That should keep them happy

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vogon: Can I have a Nuclear shake with that too? I'd also like to have some Onion Ring Bombs as well.....

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Comin' right up, hon. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Operation "Don't Tread On Me" would have been good, but wordy.

Same with "Operation Utter Annihilation." (Plus it leaves the door open for lame jokes... (The war on mad cow disease.. 'UDDER Annihilation!' The war on cute aquatic mammals.. 'OTTER Annihilation!')

Operation "Assimilate THIS?"
Operation "Shouldn'a Dunnat?"

Operation "Eagle Dawn"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Operation "Asses of Fire". Canadian-inspired.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't really trying to address the issue of pride, nor am I sure what Southerners have more pride to around here (South Carolina), the American flag or Rebel flag.

What I was trying to say is political correctness goes to far. Or how minority groups bitch and force everyone else to share their opinions.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although the name "Infinite Justice" sounds very pompous and holier-than-thou-like.
Why not just say "Messy Vengeance", because that seems to be what Bush is going for, not that I blame him, or the USA.
I want them strung up by their balls as much as the next guy, and I also have faith in the british SAS and their effort to catch the guilty subjects, without more innocent blood being spilled.

Of course, the Taliban have probably acquired a great number of loyal human shields that will echo their martyrdoms around the globe when dying, just to make sure there is no honor whatsoever left in their mission.
The classic kindergarten "If I can't have it then no one will!"-policy.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Operation We Won't Feel Better 'Til We Get to Blow Shit Up.

That's what it really is, anyway...

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of which, everyone should read this week's edition of The Onion, which is incredibly brilliant, though not necessarily hilarious. That isn't meant as a slight, by the way.
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Operation Your So Fucked No Really You Have No Idea Just How Fucked You Are Mother Fucker

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My choice was "Operation Demoralizing Assrape."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm leaning towards "Operation Clusterf#ck".

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps