Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Tell me. Have we been aggresive enough against terrorists since Sept 11? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tell me. Have we been aggresive enough against terrorists since Sept 11?
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to an excite pool, 53% says yes. Tell me. What the f*ck did we even do except for saying that the terrorists have made a grave mistake and all that. If this attitude keeps up, NOTHING is gonna be done about this. However, I guess that is a givin no matter what the people say.
IP: Logged
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends on what you considering "going after the terrorists." If you think going after the terrorists means dropping the bombs and dragging those responsible for the September 11 massacres to be going after them, then obviously we have not. If you consider gathering intelligence, evidence, and international support for any actions to be going after them, then yes we are albeit slowly. If you believe that going after terrorists includes restricting the opportunities for those responsible or others to commit an encore performance, then yes we have been going after the terrorists fullheartedly.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*boot to the head*

You must learn PATIENCE, grasshopper!

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bull. It's been 20 days now. We know who did it, we know with very high certianty who's funding....."him" and we know who's haboring the son of a bitch. We also have the support of Russia, Australia, and almost all of the EU. What else are we waiting for? We can't wait for another 5 years so that a spy can infiltrate the terrorist cells.

[ October 01, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

IP: Logged
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think most of the delay now is taking various avenues to insure that there is minimal support in the not-so-helpful countries for a 'counterattack' once we make these particular bad guys extinct.

See, if we whack these guys the wrong way, we could turn them into martyrs for too many people and spark another round of new terrorists.

The way to avoid that is one of two things:

One, We wait, gather and present evidence, and flex diplomatic, social, economic, and military muscle until we have as much support as we can possibly get,

or

Two, We attack alone, and try to not only wipe out all terrorists, but all potential WOULD-BE terrorists... which amounts to a LARGE portion of the Middle East... including our current Arab allies... something our European allies would most certainly NOT support (except Russia, 'cause she'd just extend her borders south to the oil fields)

That's why.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rather doubt there's any way to respond that avoids creating martyrs or new terrorists. I fear we are facing a war that cannot be avoided, and cannot be won.
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget, there's a lot going on that many common folk do not know about. As far as we're concerned, we're on a need-to-know basis.
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there isn't another deadly attack on US soil in Pres. Bush's term as president, be that 3 or 7 years, then we were aggressive agaisnt terrorism in the days, months, or years that succeeded Sept. 11, 2001.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, 4 or 8.

...well since he wasn't elected in the first place...

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, great, now Omega gets to make another one of his "He's your president, too you ingrate bastards!" rants.

Our president who gave $48 million to the Taliban in May because of their anti-drug policy, nevermind they've just been revealed as the biggest Opium supplier in Asia ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cite, cite, cite.

I elected him. It was ALL ME.

Gotta go... Scalia's on the other line.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D'oh! I was $5 million off, he only gave $43 million.

Robert Scheer, 5/22/01 Los Angeles Times

... do you want the Opium citation, too?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

No, but it would be interesting to know how big 'biggest' is. I detest superlatives, they're often misleading.

Until recently, I believe Turkey had been the 'biggest' ##### producer by far.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny. I get my supply of #### from my "3" key.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ironically, I hear that president Bush, in his infinite wisdom, has decided to financially support the rebel Afghan faction - known as the Northen Alliance - to help them in their struggle with the Taliban. I wonder in just how many years that money will be used by some of the more radical NA members to fund new terrorist attacks against the USA (or any other western country for that matter).

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps