Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Passenger slits throat of Bus Driver in Manchester, TN

Author Topic: Passenger slits throat of Bus Driver in Manchester, TN
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bus rolled over into the median after the driver was killed. So far, the death toll from this crash has risen to 14, including the driver and the suspect. Greyhound has suspended all bus service.

Shit. Now how am I going to travel without the fear of a wacko deliberately trying to crash the bus?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The same way you did before: don't think about it. That, and sit up front, so you can defend the driver if needbe.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How? That's what they make concealed carry permits for.
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well. Trains have been untouched by wackos thusfar......I shouldn't have said that. Now some wacko will try and derail an Amtrak train or something like that tomarrow.
IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could always, I don't know, drive your car. And in a confined space like a bus, is a gun really a good idea?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If someone's threatening your life, a gun is always a good idea (assuming you know what you're doing, as always). Even if you have no intention of firing, the other guy doesn't know that.

Trains have been untouched by wackos thusfar

Didn't some terrorist group in Japan attack a train depot with nerve gas a few years back?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Subway station, I think.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In isolated areas of our country, like the southwest, there have been reports of people deliberately causing damage to train tracks. In a few rare cases, the trains were derailed resulting in fatalities. Amtrak is no exception to this.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whyd the guy slit the guys throat?

[ October 03, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amtrack's record for safty isn't exactly making me jump onboard for a trip to San Fran. Was the suspect going mental or something?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of unfounded speculation on the news, if you're interested. "He may have been Croatian! You know what that means, folks!" And so on.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just close your eyes and imagine Dan Rather saying that

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Driver ain't dead. In serious but stable condition after his operation to repair a "neck laceration". According to NY Times this morning. He may be dead now.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.