Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Rush Limbaugh's Ears (Page 1)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh's Ears
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm placing this in the Flameboard to save Sol System the time and hassle of moving it in case it gets heated.

http://www.drudgereport.com/rtl.htm

Rush Limbaugh has lost his hearing. Maybe, hopefully, he'll give up his radio show. Frankly, I'd rather listen to some sensible conservatives (Ron Smith, for one) instead of the reactionary, racist, homophobe that is Herr Limbaugh.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*SIGH*

You, of all people, have no right to call Limbaugh reactionary. Especially when you consider that all you say against him is based on what other people told you to believe, and not on personal experience.

And so it begins again...

Blah, blah, blah, unfounded accusations, blah, blah, evidence, blah blah, put up or shut up.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well. He's always talking about how he is so tired of listening to the evil liberal's and the evil democrat's political viwes. As a matter of fact, I don't think he tolerated people with political views that differ from him that much at all. Either way, he got his wish didn't he? Be careful what you wish for.

P.S. Don't even start, Omega. I have listened to Rush Limbaugh MANY times over the past year or so. All he ever does on his show is blame everything on the evil Democrat conspiracy while praising the Republicans as gods. "If something happens, it's the Dems fault." is his basic outlook on the world.

This is off topic, but have any of you heard about this Republican senator that is trying to find evidence and convict Al Gore of giving the order to shoot down TWA flight 800 and that he single handily covered it up?

One more thing. Anyone who refers to himself as the "All knowing, All seeing, All wise, Ma-Ha Rushie," has some serious problems.

[ October 09, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

IP: Logged
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to stay up to watch his TV show. He made me laugh. Not AT him, mind you...WITH him. I don't agree with his views or standpoints, but he's a damn funny dood.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
what other people told you to believe, and not on personal experience.

Believe it or not, "chum", I've tuned into his show before (as I've already said in other instances -- not that you care about facts or anything). I can remember one time he claimed any woman with a big dog was a man-hating dyke. I also remember the time he called Chelsea Clinton the "White House Dog" ... and the time, quite recently, where he said the peace-movement was "un-American" ... oh, yes, I can see why you love Mr. Limbaugh so much. He and you operate on the same wave-length.

quote:
This is off topic, but have any of you heard about this Republican senator that is trying to find evidence and convict Al Gore of giving the order to shoot down TWA flight 800 and that he single handily covered it up?

Yes, the government can't cover up Bill Clinton's blow jobs, but it can cover up shooting down passenger jets. Riiiiight. The Republican senator in question (whoever s/he is) needs to open his eyes and get a clue ... (hmmm, Omega could take that advice too)

[ October 09, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MIB:
One more thing. Anyone who refers to himself as the "All knowing, All seeing, All wise, Ma-Ha Rushie," has some serious problems.

Yeah, because goddess knows we here at Flare abhor megalomania of ANY kind in ANY way, shape or form.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

MIB
Ex-Member

ummmmm.....yeah.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I for one don't agree with much of anything that comes out of Mr. Limbaugh's well-paid mouth. I find much of what he says speculative, inflammatory and full of omissions. As such I see his radio presence designed simply to promote himself and to put forth a rather skewed point of view rather than the truth to aid that promotion.

Taken as commentary or even as he has said in the past, entertainment, he has every right to spout what he wants to spout. That does not make it either enlightened or even the truth.

I do, however, hope that his medical problems are such that they can be cured and do not have a lasting affect on his health. I can not imagine losing my hearing at this stage in my life. It must be very frightening.

[ October 09, 2001: Message edited by: Jay the Obscure ]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Why is it everyone on this board likes to add extra "o"'s? Omega spells "prove" as "proove" (or did), and just about everyone says "loose" instead of "lose" ...

I mean, this isn't exactly a complicated word. Although it had led to much hilarity in the past. Anyway ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah well, my poor spelling is what it is.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

It just seems like a board-wide epidemic.

And in lighter news, I get a sofa and chair today!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Jay.

He may be in my honest opinion, a real asshole.

He may be in my honest opinion, biased.

But hey, he is only human.

Show him some pity. After all, he is losing what we take for granted. Perhaps permanently.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

MIB
Ex-Member

Ok ok. As a talk-radio-host-wannabe, I can feel his pain. I'm not being sarcastic this time. I am telling the truth.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Irony.

MIB's comment, that is, though I supppose one could search for irony elsewhere.

[ October 09, 2001: Message edited by: Sol System ]

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed. Omega-san, can you provide a link or something to Rush's volumes of wisdom? I read one of his books once. What I thought should be self evident =)
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps