Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Rush Limbaugh's Ears (Page 2)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh's Ears
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.guest.html

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try www.rushlimbaugh.com . It's got lots of info, but the best stuff is reserved for the paying members, including video clips from his TV show. Which really stinks, because I wanted to see the David Livingstone interrogation when it was up.

"Admiral Boorda committed SUICIDE for far less than you have done!"

Oh, look, Jay beat me too it...

Failing that, try checking out his two books. Unfortunately, he hasn't written one since '92 or so, so they're kinda out of date. You can always buy back-issues of the newsletter...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://ivycenter.com/allamerican/rush.htm

The "Undeniable Truths" are good, as are the "14 Commandments of the Religious Left".

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Evidence refutes liberalism.

No, evidence supports liberalism. History supports liberalism. Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy -- liberals all. Hell, Reagan was a Roosevelt liberal ... he just stopped progressing and became a conservative. Any idiot with a history book can see that the conservative philosophy of today is the liberal philosophy of yesterday.

quote:
There is no such thing as a New Democrat.

There's no such thing as a "compassionate conservative."

quote:
The Earth's eco-system is not fragile.

My father's not a fragile man, but that doesn't mean its okay to abuse him.

quote:
Character matters; leadership decends from character.

Yes, too bad Herr Limbaugh has no character.

quote:
The most beautiful thing about a tree is what you do with it after you cut it down.

"Ranger Rush strikes again. The original claim that FAIR had challenged was that "we have more acreage of forest land in the United States today than we did at the time the Constitution was written" (radio, 2/18/94); in his second book, he had written that there is more forest land in the U.S. today than there was when Columbus first reached the New World. The real figures, according to U.S. Forest Service estimates: in 1492, approximately 1 billion acres of forest; in 1787, about 930 million; 1992, 737 million.

"In the past, Limbaugh has tried to prove he was right by showing that there is more forest land now than in 1952 (radio, 7/5/94) or 1920 ("Limbaugh Responds to FAIR," press release)--neither of which has anything to do with the Constitution or Columbus. Now in his third failed defense, he cites a statistic that is off by more than half a century and ignores 47 of 50 states."

--FAIR

quote:
Ronald Reagan was the greatest president of the twentieth century.

Please explain how Reagan is better then FDR? Or Truman? Or JFK?

quote:
Abstinence prevents sexually transmitted disease and pregnancy -every time it's tried.

So do condoms.

quote:
Condoms only work during the school year.

Why?

quote:
Women should not be allowed on juries where the accused is a stud.

See, that's just blatantly sexist. Why isn't there a "men shouldn't be allowed on a jury where the accused is a hottie"?

quote:
The way to improve our schools is not more money, but the reintroduction of moral and spiritual values, as well as the four "R's": reading, 'riting, 'rithmatic, and Rush.

quote:
I am not arrogant.

Did you bother to read the answer to the above question?

quote:
My first 35 Undeniable Truths are still undeniably true.

You mean like the USSR being the greatest threat to U.S. security? You do realize the USSR collapsed, don't you?

quote:
There is a God.

Prove it.

quote:
There is something wrong when critics say the problem with America is too much religion.

How can you look at Jerry Falwell or Pat Buchannen and not agree? When has blind adherence to a fictional deity done anything but brought pain and conflict? I mean, look at Omega's logic in bypassing the Bible to support the "war on terrorism."

quote:
Morality is not defined by individual choice.

So, you'd rather force your morality on me? Fuck you.

quote:
The only way liberals win national elections is by pretending they're not liberals.

Do you forget FDR? He won re-election 3 times, and while you might be able to prove your argument the first time, you'd be hard-pressed to prove that the American people didn't know he was a liberal the next three times. You don't know much about history, do you?

quote:
Feminism was established as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society.

How can you support this person? Like you, Omega, he's living in another time, when men ruled supreme. Get a clue, boyo.

quote:
Liberals attempt through judicial activism what they cannot win at the ballot box.

Gee, isn't that how George W. Bush got into the White House?

quote:
Too many Americans can't laugh at themselves anymore.

Oh, I laugh at myself a good bit -- but I can't wait to see Omega's response to this.

Now, for some more "Why Rush Limbaugh Is A Big Fat Idiot" ...

FAIR quoted Limbaugh from his TV show talking about the Gulf War: "Everybody in the world was aligned with the United States except who? The United States Congress." We pointed out that both houses of Congress had voted to authorize use of force in the Gulf.

Limbaugh singled this out on his radio show as "an example of what they've done in this report": "They claim that I said the only institutions who did not support George Bush in the Gulf War were the United States Congress, the United States House and Senate.... I did say that, and when I said it, it was true."

Good answer--except it's a lie. Limbaugh made the remark on April 18, 1994--more than three years after Congress voted to authorize force.

In his book See, I Told You So, Limbaugh issued this invitation: "If you have any doubts about the status of American health care, just compare it with that in other industrialized nations." When we compared the U.S. with other industrialized nations--life expectancy and infant mortality--we found that the U.S. ranked near the bottom on both counts.
Limbaugh felt this was unfair. "Those two areas, those stats have almost nothing to do with the quality of American medical care," he remarked. "All the stats reflect is the epidemic of low-birth weight babies born to teenage and drug-addicted mothers, as well as the large numbers of homicides in American cities and drug-related deaths."

The comment shows how little Limbaugh knows about health care. Infant mortality, far from having "almost nothing to do" with the quality of health care, is closely linked with the availability of prenatal care. The mortality rate for infants whose mothers received little or no prenatal care is almost 10 times that of mothers who received frequent prenatal care, according to figures from the National Center for Health Statistics.

And the Centers for Disease Control estimate that homicide lowers U.S. life expectancy by about three months--which would do almost nothing to improve our rank. (The CDC did not calculate the effects of "drug-related deaths," but since illegal drugs kill far fewer people than homicide, they have even less impact on life expectancy.)

Limbaugh tried to pass the buck on his claim that students at Chelsea Clinton's school had to write an essay called "Why I Feel Guilty Being White." It's a silly claim, given that 28 percent of the students at the school are not white. "My source for this story is CBS News," he had originally said. "I am not making this up."
In response to FAIR's report, Limbaugh said, "They say I'm wrong, it never happened, and that I made it up. But my quote was--my source was a CBS News fax, CBS News Service, that was sent to WABC radio in New York, which alerted me to this alleged incident. CBS cited Playboy magazine's February article, 'Unbearable Whiteness of Being,' and Playboy had cited Heterodoxy magazine, September of 1993."

He refined this explanation in his USA Today column, where he now described his source as "CBS Morning Resource, a wire service for radio talk shows run by CBS's radio networks." "Playboy, Heterodoxy, and CBS may well have been wrong," Limbaugh wrote, "but I quoted the story accurately and accurately cited my source."

But the source he had originally cited was CBS News--not CBS Morning Resource, an "infotainment" service. "CBS News never reported such a story," CBS News Vice President Larry Cooper wrote in a letter to USA Today (7/20/94). "Limbaugh's source was actually Playboy magazine. The story, crediting Playboy, was distributed to radio stations via the CBS Radio Morning Resource.... Morning Resource is not associated with CBS News."

Limbaugh reported a false claim and misidentified his source. But to hear Limbaugh tell it, quoting an inaccurate source somehow means that you are accurate. What it really means is that you failed to check out your source.

Heterodoxy, a right-wing tabloid, cited no source for the story, and couldn't remember where they got it from when we called them. But the first reference seems to be a story on Sidwell Friends in City Paper, a D.C. weekly (7/16/93). After rechecking with his (anonymous) source--a parent of a Sidwell student--reporter Paul Gifford now says that the actual title of the essay assigned to one class of 7th and 8th graders was "Should White People Feel Guilty and Why."

After FAIR debunked Limbaugh's denials that he encourages political activism by his listeners, he came back with this in his USA Today column: "I don't have 'troops.' I do not encourage listeners to call anybody. In fact, I do just the opposite."
He discourages listeners from making political phone calls? That's not what he did last July 16, when he urged listeners to call the Democratic National Committee to ask who told Hillary to say she tried to go into the military. Or on June 30, when he twice read through a list of U.S. representatives who hadn't signed on to a Limbaugh-endorsed deficit cutting plan, adding coyly: "If you heard your congressman's name--you heard your congressman's name."

Day after day, Limbaugh organized opposition to the pro-Clinton health care caravans. Here he is on July 27: "The new location, for those of you in the Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex is the Arlington Convention Center. Sometime tomorrow, the health security express will show up at the Arlington Convention Center and have their rally. Now, you know what to do.... Why don't a bunch of people get together and offer for sale home remedies?... And keep in mind that the real snake oil is on these buses. The health security express, due in to the Arlington Convention Center tomorrow."

Of course, there's nothing wrong with media figures encouraging people to get involved politically--as long as commentators across the political spectrum are allowed to do that. But why does Limbaugh have to lie about it?

And for more, go here.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blah blahblahblah blahblahblah blah blahblah blahblahblahblahblah. Blahblah blah blahblahblah blahblah blahblah blah blah blahblahblahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah? Blahblahblah blah blah blah blahblahblah blah blahblah.

I like cheese. Except when it binds me up. Then I have a distinct non-like (& dare I say, devout hatred) of it.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Double.

[ October 10, 2001: Message edited by: IDIC ]

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some very interesting arguments there, Shik.

There are lies, true lies, and statements made by Republicans.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This only reinforces my theroy that the "All Knowing, All Seeing, All Wise, Ma-Ha Rushie," is actually the "All Idiotic, All Biased, All Loony, Dumb-Ass Rushie."
IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*looks at the Limbaugh site* Well, I knew he was full of shit. But now I see how much he's full of himself, too.

'Course, that would end up meaning that he's shit, but I don't have a problem w/ that...

"...we have more acreage of forest land in the United States today than we did at the time the Constitution was written..."

Well, no shit! The country's about three or four times bigger now.

"...he had written that there is more forest land in the U.S. today than there was when Columbus first reached the New World..."

Even more obvious. In 1492, the US didn't exist, so it had exactly zero acres of forest. A single tree would be more than that.

"Abstinence prevents sexually transmitted disease and pregnancy -every time it's tried."

"So do condoms."

Um... Jeff, if you want to complain about Limbaugh's idiocy, you really should refrain from practicing it yourself.

"Why isn't there a 'men shouldn't be allowed on a jury where the accused is a hottie'?"

Actually, for the most part, there probably should be... :-)

Cartman
Member # 256

It's probably an even better idea (note to Ommie and other faithful Limbaugh-followers: SARCASM intended) to have no jury whatsoever, as some members might be homosexual...

[ October 10, 2001: Message edited by: IDIC ]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Um... Jeff, if you want to complain about Limbaugh's idiocy, you really should refrain from practicing it yourself.

I speak only from my experience from using condoms, and that is that they work 100% ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Member # 91

It's probably an even better idea (note to Ommie and other faithful Limbaugh-followers): SARCASM intended) to have no jury whatsoever, as some members might be homosexual...

I propose that we keep the defendant outside the courtroom at all times. They would watch the proceedings on closed-circuit TV, with a cellphone link to his or her attorney. No reference would be made to his or her identity during the trial, including race, gender, or religion. But that's just a thought.

I speak only from my experience from using condoms, and that is that they work 100% ...

Hmm... now where did I put those birth control success rate statistics...

While I dig them up, let me say that condoms are NOT 100% sure. Otherwise, we wouldn't be ending up with all these pregnant teenagers. They DO pass out condoms in schools, remember?

See, it's schools teaching blather like that that leads to teenage pregnancies in the first place.

*searches*

Here we go.

"Whichever method of birth control you choose, remember that, aside from abstinence, all birth control methods sometimes fail, even if used properly and consistently."

"Male Condoms
Average Failure Rate: 14%"

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
Otherwise, we wouldn't be ending up with all these pregnant teenagers. They DO pass out condoms in schools, remember?

Condoms only work if people use them.

I also said -- I guess you forgot -- that I spoke only from my own experience. Don't you feel silly?

That said, my parents sat me down and talked with me about sex before I heard word one about it in school. Learning about sex didn't make me go out and sleep with every girl I could get my hands on. That said, if the parents do their jobs, then no one will learn anything new in school. And if the parents don't do their jobs, the kids still need the info -- and better to be taught by the school then by their fellow students ("you can't get pregnant the first time you have sex..." and other such nonsense). I've never known a teacher to advocate sex, but making sure kids know how to use a condom is just common sense -- because, believe it or not, they'll be bumping-booty with or without condoms.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Abstinence prevents sexually transmitted disease and pregnancy -every time it's tried.

So do condoms.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Two words: Magic Johnson.

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Magic Johnson used condoms each and every time he had sex? Are you sure, and can you prove it?

And as I said before -- you really need to start reading, Jeff -- I'm only speaking from my own experience. D'oh!!!!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps