Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » A Friendly Reminder (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A Friendly Reminder
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the past religious matters have been a taboo subject, as, frankly, someone will get offended and start something BIG.

I'd like to remind everyone to keep an eye on what they are saying. Please don't intentionally offend anyone. That is not what this flameboard is for.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
***A Unilateral Announcement***
(and a proposal)

Regarding the religious discussions, and CC's friendly reminder.
Resolved:

1.) I will not speak any words I do not believe to be the truth through observation and experience.

2.) I will not resort to name-calling or ad hominem arguments (attacking my opponent's character rather than his/her argument's logic), as such tactics are the realm of people whose arguments are weak.

3.) I will not take ANY off-line or online actions towards any opponents in any discussion, of any sort whatsoever. (this includes underhanded stuff like nuking, spiking, getting ISPs banned, etc). I hold such actions in the highest contempt as cowardly and uncivilized.

4.) I will not get offended by words typed by a person far away who I have no real need or desire to interact on a social basis with.

Sincerely,

First of Two.

Anybody care to join that, or add to it?

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As an action of goodwill; I second everything you said!

------------------
Anyone remember how they felt the day after Rich Mullins died?

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sign me up!

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I aggree.

Though won't mean much right now, I'm not going to be around very often in the next week (darn thesis and exams )

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

IP: Logged
Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is probably the first time in a matter on the topic of religion that I agree with First of Two. Well said.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

IP: Logged
Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's no longer a unilateral agreement, First. I'll be glad to go along with it too.

------------------
"We choose to do this and more. Not because it is easy, but because it is hard."
-- John F. Kennedy

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I disagree.

------------------
'Saying it in a stacato voice doesn't make it any more true'
-Stewart Lee

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kidding. Had you going there for about 3 inches didn't I?

------------------
-Stewart Lee

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll go with it too.
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's agreed then? We'll all be nice and tolerant and anyone who isn't, gets a visit from the Vicar.

Nobody expects The Vicar!

Oops! Sorry. Got carried away for a moment.

Aye!

------------------
Don't call me a Yank.
I prefer to be referred to as a "Pull with a Sudden Movement".

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Dawn French?

------------------
-Stewart Lee

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Especially when the vicar is accompanied by a Vorlon.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Megatron: "Waspinator, salvage Inferno."
Waspinator: "Inferno blow up, Waspinator must salvage. Waspinator blow up, nobody salvage. Why universe hate Waspinator?"

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was THE BISHOP, by the way. . . 8)
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

No. I'd have remembered if the show was called 'The Bishop of Dibly'.

------------------
-Stewart Lee

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps