Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
delete this

[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

IP: Logged
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess it depends. Some parents choose to be very open about sex and sexual matters with their children. Unfortunately, the parents need to be responsible about sexual discussions and how they behave themselves. The parents have a responsibility to let their kids know when the proper time and place is to engage in sexual activity. I'm talking about the "Only when you're married!" position that is usually held in religious families and the "When you're truly in love, you'll heart will tell you when the time and place is right" position that some progressive families will hold.

On the other hand, there is always the possibility that even the most open and responsible parents in terms of the sexual education can fail their children. My senior year, a freshman girl was giving a blow job to her boyfriend on the band bus as we were coming home from a football game. She happened to come from a fairly good and open family (I know her older sister). But, she just insisted in engaging in (for lack of better descriptors) a lustful manner. She also got caught with her boyfriend in the bathroom (blow job once again) and with her boyfriend fondling her breasts in an isolation corner of the school. She later would up getting pregnant by her next boyfriend.

In short, I don't think that this is an issue of a "hick story." To be honest, this really could (and unfortunately frequently does) happen all over. Sometimes, you have irresponsible parents that don't talk to their children enough. Sometimes, you have children that act in this manner for whatever reasons (horniness, craving attention, etc.) despite having parents with the best intentions.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Umm... Okay. What the heck happened to the original post that I just spend a few minutes responding to?

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

MIB
Ex-Member

Sorry. Had to delete it. Confidentiality concerns. I just learned that someone could get fired if the wrong people saw my post.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No can do, MIBby...

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

MIB
Ex-Member

What does that mean? Just lock it then.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MIB: The Oval Office (Seattle branch) needs to pick up the mauve phone and give me Omega-3 clearance before I can call in the delete strike.

However, seeing as you apparently have no intention to make the information in question available, I think we can reasonably expect no further constructive comments.

*clang*

Thanks for shopping at Eatons.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps