Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » It's not "Killer Candy" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: It's not "Killer Candy"
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The candies have been pulled off the shelves of major retailers in the United States and last month, they were banned from being imported there.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful. Our children are now too ignorant and helpless even to eat w/o intervention.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, what did you expect? We live in a society where instructions are required for TOOTHPICKS, because otherwise some idiot will use it improperly and then sue the toothpickmaker for a bajillion dollars because the toothpicks didn't say he couldn't do it that way.

Thank the Trial Lawyers, the 'get rich quick' mentality, and the folks in government (the 'L' word) who foolishly believe that you have a 'right' to be protected from your own stupidity.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^ And I wouldn't be surprised if that 'right' got turned into an amendmend. What is all of this coming to?
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ammendment? Ha! Liberals don't try to legitimately change the Constitution. They just have some judge do it for them.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This from the guy who thinks highways are un-Constitutional.

It's the Supreme Court's job to interpret the Constitution. If you'd actually read it, you might know this. Instead you scream about "liberals this!" and "liberals that!"

Your rhetoric is not only old, but ignored.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*points out that Jeff didn't ignore Omega's rhetoric*

Non-Toronto Star news report, by the way.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smart-ass. I mean, verb.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Interpret' does not = 'change,' 'add to,' 'take away from,' OR 'make new law.'

Courts may interpret existing laws, but they are expressly forbidden to make new ones, or to ignore laws unless deemed unconstitutional.

And if you choke from inhaling your leftover turkey... that's too bad, you should have eaten slower. It ain't Butterball's fault.

'S like the people who get upset when they take their 6-year-old to a Rated-R slasher pic, and then get mad (at Hollywood) because the kid acts violently or has nightmares for a week.

When govt. starts trying to take the place of common sense (which I suspect is actually an evolutionary process designed to weed out the unfit), we're all in trouble.. because like a limb, if you don't youse your sense, it atrophies.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had heard that some stores were still selling the candy despite the recall. So I decided to hoof it down to Chinatown to check it out. Spent a good 2 hours walking between various supermarkets and novelty stores. Nothing.

..... sigh ......

And my feet still hurt. Didn't sit down for 4 hours straight, subway was packed so I didn't get a seat. The last of my candies that I stocked in the freezer are now gone.

I DID hear that the makers of this candy is coming out with a variation of the product, this time in the size of a pudding cup. The idea is for them to eat it like jello with a spoon. I'm not sure if this can be verified, but I do hope it is true. Some consolation is in order here.

If the government decides to ban this variation of the candy, I will be really upset. It is no different than banning Jello in a cup, if you ask me.

[ November 28, 2001: Message edited by: Tahna Los ]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Is it possible to choke on jello ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure someone out there is incompetent enough to manage it...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give me two days!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

You've got one more day to go ... : )

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.