Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » BIG trouble on the horizon... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: BIG trouble on the horizon...
Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OBL could have obtained nuclear material very easily, if he has any. His lackeys could have easily broken into stores of Russian nuclear material, because of their lack of security. And building a device to detonate the material is relativeely easy. Just watch the "Manhatten Project".

--------------------
Fry- How will we get out of this?
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)
Bender- Now everybody knows!
-Futurama's obligatory Star Trek episode

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was worried at the World Series for a moment. I thought something was going to happen with the president there, sort of like in "Sum of All Fears" when they nuked the Super Bowl. It fit in perfectly with the "coincidences" before:
Plane crashes into WTC: Almost happened in "Lone Gunmen" pilot and a similar incident occured in the Clancy book "Debt of Honor," when a Japanese terrorist crashes a 747 into the Capitol.
Anthrax: Happened in Clancy book "Executive Orders," Some terrorists start killing people with a bio-weapon, although the death toll is much higher, it's a different disease, and the culprits were from Iran.

--------------------
Meh

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, considering that Clancy specializes in predicting possible future war/terror scenarios...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This is like the conflicts that occur between my mother and I. She may say a threatening word. Though she may not be able to back up her word with action, she did press a button which created a reaction.

The hell?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Made sense to me, aside from the "mother and I" grammatical error.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear god Tim, please stop.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I won't deny being a dear god, what is it I'm supposed to stop?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grammatical nixpicking.

And if you're a god, do you believe in yourself? And surely that makes you...religious?

Ha! I got the logic trap and won the game!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Hm... I'll have to handle this like Yahweh would...

How dare you question me?! *sends a plague on Liam, his family, his neighbors, his friends, the entire country of England, and fifteen generations of the descendants of all those people* And you're going to hell, too!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Can't you do it in the style of New-Testement God, were you basically say "You've been a bit naughty Liam, but I'll let you off. Come on up to heaven anyway. You old mucker, you"?

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Nah. Old-school maniacal deities are much cooler. Unless you actually have to live under their rule, of course.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps