Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » A Flame - flaming myself (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: A Flame - flaming myself
Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being a new driver (no, I am not 16!) I am relatively unexperienced.

A normal cloudy crappy day in good ole Washington state... so I decide to go to the store and treat mysefl to some caffeine. Little did I know that Caffiene is a killer, in more ways than one. I was about to turn into my neighborhood entrance from the highway, a spot notorious for its car accidents. Low and behold! I began my turn, and a very large hick-sporting truck with a gun rack in the back has appeared suddenly in front of me. Attemting to apply my brakes rather urgently, I find that my shoe...damnable shoe, has caught on the corner of the peddle (as unlikely as that sounds).

SMACK!

Ooops...

Finding a suitable egress from the car, I swap insurance numbers and such with this back-country fellow. The damage to his car consisted of a scrath, approx. half an inch in length, if even that much.

My car? A twisted bumper, smashed headlight... all in all not a bad run for my first try. I would be proud had I done it on purpose.

Now, the reason for the accident? No, not bad kharma, you pot-smoking, peace-loving, flower worshiping hippies! It was my own inexperience and bull-headedness. From this day forth, I am going to regimentally beat myself with a wet noodle or some other ellastic piece of wheat-based product, to remind my self of my idiocy during and before this incident.

And before I go....

Arrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: The Antagonist ]

--------------------
Move .sig!!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first accident was a trip into the woods in a full-size sedan. The car didn't fare too well. But, I learned from that experience. Plus, we now have a car that handles better.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first accident was not my fault. I was sitting in my car at college eating my lunch when the idiot next to me reversed out and turned too soon. Buggered my right wing and bumper. I was well pissed, but he paid for it and two months later had an even bigger car to hit others with!

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My eighth accident, I was rushing out to lunch from school and wasn't paying close enough attention. I munched this guy's bumper. I would've driven off, but he was sitting in the damn car! He was pretty pissed. The insurance $$ got me a sweet cadillac, though.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just know that my first accident is going to involve me falling asleep at the wheel, and running a minivan off the road. I'm going to walk away from it, but the family inside the van would all be killed. The father, Mike, has just gotten a raise and is planning to take the family to Disneyland. The mother, Sara, is going to be expecting to give birth to a healthy baby girl next month. Chris and Cindy, their two fraternal twin children, has just gotten a really cute golden retriever puppy who they named Max, who was also killed in the crach. I'm just going to stand their, by the side of the lake, as the fire fighters fish their car out of the lake...

OH GOD! I KILLED THEM! I KILLED THEM ALL!! IT WAS ME!!! TAKE ME AWAY, OFFICER!!!

You see, that's why I don't drive. I also have scenarios involving preschoolers and beloved house pets, incase there are no lakes nearby.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first accident involved snow and ice. Luckily, I just tapped the other fella's car. Heck, he didn't even report it to the insurance company - or charge me for the bill (nice fella').

My second and third accidents have both involved deer. They suck. However, as with all situations involving animals running across the road, the fault was not mine (although it probably would've been if that first one had succeeded in knocking me into oncoming traffic...)

And today, due to the rain, my foot slipped off my clutch ... which resulted in me stalling. Embarrassing, although not in a "gimme your insurance card!" kind of way.

I do drive a lot, and the best arguement for a kind God as Omega believes in is that I don't get in more accidents. I narrowly avoided plowing into a Buick's door ... (the owner pulled over to the side of York Road to visit an antique store ... threw her door open to oncoming traffic. Woulda been her fault, too); almost got creamed by a car in the Econo Lodge parking lot ... he was speeding AND on the far left side near the opposing building (this was that idiot Soviet I work with who thinks there is a "Jewish conspiracy" out to keep him from getting any deliveries) ... and other instances ... thankfully, few would be my fault, although some certainly would be.

Anyhoo.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first auto accident happened way back in September 1987. I was a happy-go-lucky kid who had just started the third grade. I was riding my bicycle when a car that was speeding down my street ran into me. I was crossing the street at the halfway point of the street. It's a typically narrow residential street, and I saw the car turn the corner onto my street as I began crossing. From experience, I knew that a car going the speed limit of 30 mph was not going to hit me. But the driver was going significantly faster than that and he was staring at his radio changing the station.

I flipped off my bike and landed on the sidewalk about ten feet from where I had been a second early. My bike was thrown to the other side of the street. This is what people have told me since I've blacked out everything from just before impact to finding myself on the sidewalk. I was taken by LifeFlight to Hermann Hospital where I spent the next month in traction. The accident had broken my left femur, broken my left tibia in a compound fracture (meaning the bone was sticking out of my leg), and crushed my left fibula.

During my hospital stay, I had to undergo four surgeries to set the leg and repair the bones. I had to have a small part of my hip bone removed and transplanted into my lower leg to replace the part of my fibula that had been crushed. At the end of my month-long stay, I was placed in a body cast. This extended from my mid-stomach to my feet. My left leg was completely encased, but my right leg was exposed from the knee down. In late February 1988, the cast was removed and I began the process of learning to walk again. A couple months later, I had finally regaining most of my mobility.

On the plus side, my run-in with a little red sports car has impacted my driving in a positive way. I go very slowly in all neighborhoods. I pay careful attention to kids playing near streets and people walking in the street. Whenever I sense that someone is going to do something stupid, I start planning where I going to veer off to or how I'm going to react. I think this has helped me become a rather safe driver. Now, if I could only work on my speeding on the freeways...

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn dude! That sounds awful.....and painful. I'm glad you made it through that alive.

The Antagonist, I'm glad you were not badly hurt in your case of extreme misfortune.

As for me, I'm not gonna be driving anytime soon. The insurance premiums for someone like me are outrageous, plus I don't have a car. Before I get my license, I'm gonna have to get a job to pay for the insurance. In order to get a job, I must get a car and insurance so I can drive it. geez. I'd give damn near anything to be in a place that has a bus system.

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
someone like me are outrageous

Someone like you ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Teenagers", I'm guessing?

Siegfried: You didn't say what happened to the guy driving the car...

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's interesting, I had a car accident last Tuesday when my sister and I were going home after buying the turkey. The 1991 Toyota Camry we were in was totaled while the 1991 Toyota 4Runner lost a bumper.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first accident I laid down my motorcycle, I was unharmed but my passenger was left lying in the road broken and bleeding. It was a very sad sight, 6 out of 12 beers broken.
Don't feel to bad about the accident nobody was killed and it happens to us all. Does wound your pride though.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was the turkey OK?! 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So far, my record has been scratch-free. 'Course, I only been drivin' for a couple of months, so that ain't sayin' much

Still, I am utterly amazed by the reckless stunts *some* people manage to pull. There's always something... interesting happening, and you need eyes in the back and sides of your head - you can't let your concentration slip for longer than a microsecond, basically.

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: Mojo Jojo ]

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never hit anything.

Correction: I've never hit anything that noticed (or was around to notice it was me) and I've never hit anything i had to take responsibility or pay for. Ive actually had some pretty spectacular screwups though

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps