Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » A Flame - flaming myself (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: A Flame - flaming myself
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We refer to it as Pizza Slut

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pizza Hut is actually nice over there. My group went when we went to England (a nice change from Royal Navy food) and it was an actual nice sit-down menu restaurant! We were shocked. It was the only food over there that tasted the same as America (I happen to like Pizza Hut, so it was all good).

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's a sit down thing. It's in the upper echelons of "brand name fast food that people have heard of." Tastes nicer than McDonalds, but costs more, obviously. Tastes worse than proper Italian restaurants obviously, but is cheaper.

In the catagory of Dominoes, Pizza Hut, and, er, the others, it wins. It's also sells bear, which is nice.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Canadians were the only ones who ate bear. And musk-ox.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I made a typo on purpose to give Jeff a chance to come up with a good insult against me. He needs help, the poor lad.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been online ... sue me

You can sell whatever you'd like Liam, just so long as you don't sell Milwaukee's Best (I mean, Beast).

Now, frankly, I wouldn't want someone delivering a big mammal carcass to my house, but you English have a strange way of doing things, so ...

History: Pizza Hut was a "nice sit down menu" resteraunt for a great many years until they tried to break into the delivery business. They suck at delivery.

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Douglas Adams had a thing or two to say about England's lack of pizza delivery in one of the Dirk Gently books. I think it was in The Long, Dark Tea-time of the Soul, but I could be wrong. I'm sure Simon knows...
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
London was the place she liked living in most, apart, of course, from the pizza problem, which drove her crazy. Why would no one deliver pizza? Why did no one understand it was fundamental to the whole nature of pizza that it arrived at your front door in a hot cardboard box?"

The Long Dark Tea-Time Of The Soul

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmmmm, pizza...

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

You do have to wait half an hour for delivery at the best of times. At peak times, such as weekends or after the pubs shut, it can be an hour easily.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We were running about 30 - 45 minutes tonight.

So I take an order from this woman about 7ish, and she calls back like 5 minutes later wanting to know where her pizza is. Hello, I told you 30 to 45 minutes ya' deaf bitch! Be patient. People.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next time ask her if she's got a fax machine...

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We live not two minutes from the pizza joint, and it can STILL take them 45 minutes to get the pizza here.

Now riddle me this: why don't they actually COOK our frikin' pizzas? The dough is still raw when it gets to us!

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

That's not good.

As for the 2 minutes away thing ... if you call at Friday night (and if they're anything like us), then there are probably 40 or 50 deliveries up before yours. Delivery time (first order, first deliver) usually depends on:

a) How many drivers are scheduled

b) How big the delivery area is and how far those runs are spaced out over them

c) How badly traffic sucks

Therefore, even though you may only be a mile away, drivers will be busy taking deliveries to addresses far past your house because they ordered before you.

Not to mention that with business on a Friday night, it can often take 10 to 20 minutes for someone to start *making* your pizza after you ordered it (even if it *is* a double conveyour belt oven).

Either that or they're just slackers. *shrug*

Request your pie to be well-done. They should push it back in a bit longer and make it nice and crispy for ya'.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So London does have pizza delivery? Hm... What about in 1988, when TLDTotS was written?
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps