Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » A Flame - flaming myself (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: A Flame - flaming myself
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We DID request it well-done. There's a permanant note in our file on it. We empahsize it every time we get one. It's still raw dough.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, if I keep stubbing my toe on the same step, I'll avoid the step.

a) Check it before you pay the delivery guy. If you don't like it, send it back (er ... I wouldn't trust a re-make, if I were you).

b) Find a new place to order from.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know. I didn't live in the centre of London when I was 8, and if I did, I can't imagine I'd have ordered many pizzas.

The example I gave was from Walthamstow, which isn't in the city centre. Slap bang in the middle, I don't know. I suppose it depended on whether there was a local delivery place.

I imagine though that in the 80s, there'd have been a fair few less places covered than there are today.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't the city centre *usually* 'slap bang in the middle' of the city?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. It's called a synonym. Something you use when you don't want to just keep repeating the same word over and over again.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Uh ... I'm wondering why Liam said that it wasn't in the city centre, but rather, the middle of the city. You didn't answer that.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Synonym! Cheers Tim, I've always wanted to know what that was called.

Okay Jeff, listen. I shall break it down for you.

"The example I gave was from Walthamstow, which isn't in the city centre."

Walthamstow isn't in the centre of London. New sentence.

"Slap bang in the middle, I don't know. I suppose it depended on whether there was a local delivery place."

In the centre of London, I do not know what the situation is like.

Got that?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Ah, 'cuz see, what I thought you were saying was that the pizza place wasn't in the city centre of Walthsmstow, but might've been 'slap bang in the middle' instead.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhh, so let me understand this more easily. You live 2 minutes from a pizza place. You call for a delivery to a place that is 2 minutes away. They typically don't make it for 10-20 minutes after the call. So here's and idea. Call and order a pizza, wait 15 minutes. Drive down and pick it up, that way if it is still raw and uncooked, you can send it back to the oven while you're there. Then drive home. If it is really 2 minutes away then why hve it delivered??

On second thought, citing my previous post, driving is a bad idea. Don't do it.

--------------------
Move .sig!!

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I worked in a pizza place in Cape Cod one summer *stomach rumbles with the memory*. Anyway, they had that thing the Antagonist described. "Pickups", they were called. I'm sure your pizza place would do it if you asked, as it's less hassle for them too.

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont see how people could eat non-delivered pizza.. doesnt seem right somehow

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the same damned thing...
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Works for me. And I don't pick 'm up, either.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps