Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » We didn't bankroll Bin Laden after all! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: We didn't bankroll Bin Laden after all!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Ramadan".

"We're doing more than we have to do, therefore we're doing enough."

Like bombing Afghanistan?

"Food drops do not help us win the war."

We're still not at war. We're just blowing shit up.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
B.E.:

Catholics aren't supposed to eat meat on Friday, either, but I've been eating meat on Fridays since I was old enough to chew.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, you guys don't understand, Muslims take their religious practices VERY SERIOUSLY! I'd say they take it waaaaaaaay more seriously on average then any other religions.

All of my Muslims friends (I know alot, all Asians and Muslims tends to end up in Electrical Engineering for some reason) have sticked to the rules since the very first day of Ramadan.

They get up about 5:00 in the morning (before sunrise), eat breakfest and then just stop eating (no solid or liquid food, water included) until 5:30 in the afternoon (after sunset).

Also, they're suppose to pray 5 times a day, but because of classes, most friends of mine just pray when they get up, noon, and before they go to sleep.

Mind you, they refuse to compremise the rules even with busy everyday schedules which requires alot of enery therefore require nutritious meals (shitload of classes, workouting in the gym, etc). Hell man, even with finals approaching, they still refuse to eat which might decrease their performance on the exams.

And again, EVERY SINGLE ONE of the Muslims I know directly, or indirectly (friends of friends) have been sticking to the rule in the beginning!

[ December 07, 2001: Message edited by: BlueElectron ]

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
They get up about 5:00 in the morning (before sunrise), eat breakfest and then just stop eating (no solid or liquid food, water included) until 5:30 in the afternoon (after sunset).

So, they're still eating. Meaning, in Afghanistan, Muslims would still be eating ... just not as much. So, okay, it would only cost the U.S. -- lets be generous here and say that Afghans will split an individual food packet three ways, not the previously assumed 1 way -- $20 million in cruise missiles per day to feed one million Afghans during Ramadan.

That's still $20 million. And assuming they've been doing that since the beginning of the campaign (we'll say 45 days ago, just for arguement's sake), that's still nine hundred billion dollars (and fifteen hundred cruise-missiles costing $600k apiece).

quote:
might even LIKE,

Awww! I just noticed that! Big hug!

[ December 07, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you even read what he said in the first place? He never claimed that they don't eat at all during Ramadan. That would result in a slow, painful death. He specifically said they "don't eat a whole lot" during Ramadan.

Oh, and the rule against eating meat on Fridays was gotten rid of quite a while ago. Probably before you were born (might have been at the second Vatican Council?). Now it only applies during Lent.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the meat on Friday switch goes back to Vatican II.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
Did you even read what he said in the first place? He never claimed that they don't eat at all during Ramadan. That would result in a slow, painful death. He specifically said they "don't eat a whole lot" during Ramadan.

Um, yeah, so I knocked the math on a single food packet from feeding one Afghani to three. That is, assuming Afghanis who've been starving for a long time *care* about Ramadan. What's the beef, TSN?

As for the meat, shows what a good Catholic I am, doesn't it?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Then your analogy makes no sense at all. Perhaps is Fat Tony (the U.S.) gave you (Pakistan) the money to fund an operation in Baltimore and you funded Omega (Mujhardeen), who later turned around and shot Fat Tony's Lieutenant (WTC).

See? You DID get it!

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Yeah, but I don't even know Fat Tony

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps