Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Damn You Comcast @ Home (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Damn You Comcast @ Home
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn you to heck.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*NelsonSpeak*

HA-ha!

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AT&T did the same thing to my parents. This summer, they signed on to their Houston-area digital wireless pilot program. $30 flat fee for local phone service, free in-state long distance, and AT&T High Speed Digital Broadband for $35 a month. Two weeks ago, the phoned my mother and told her AT&T was discontinuing the program and she had five days to find a new internet service provider and local phone service provider. Oh course, she and my dad could choose to stay with the regular AT&T service.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, so far its not looking to be quite as bad as I thought (as in: plugging back in my phone line and going back to AOL).

Which I would do, to keep up my harrassment of Omega ... or should I say, 'ZOmegaZ' ... Muwahahahahahahaha

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. I let myself get too dependant on Cable modems. With out it, there is no way I'll be able to kill people on Xenimus!!
IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - A bankruptcy judge cleared the way for Excite@Home to shut down its Internet cable service as early as 3 a.m. ET. Saturday, but expressed confidence that the company will strike a new deal with cable companies to prevent interruption of service for its 4.2 million subscribers.

On late Friday afternoon, Bankruptcy Judge Thomas Carlson gave Excite@Home the leeway to end the contracts after concluding they had become "clearly burdensome" to the company. Under the contracts, Excite@Home executives said the company was losing up to $6 million per week.

"The end users may be affected by these proceedings, but they are not parties to these proceedings," Carlson said. "Bankruptcy typically causes much disruption all the time, leading to loss of jobs and services to communities."

The ruling affects many of the nation's largest cable companies, including AT&T (T: Research, Estimates), Comcast Corp. (CMCSK: Research, Estimates) and Cox Communications Inc. (COX: Research, Estimates), that sell Internet access through @Home's network.

Excite@Home wants the cable companies to pay a substantially higher connection fee to use its network. Until Excite@Home's bankruptcy, the cable companies had been paying a monthly fee of $12 per subscriber. Last month, the cable companies agreed to increase the monthly fee to $20 per subscriber.

The cable companies typically charge their customers $40 to $50 per month to use the @Home network.

By forcing the cable companies to pay even more to use the high-speed Internet service, Excite@Home and the company's bondholders hope to prove the network is worth substantially more than the $307 million that AT&T has bid for it.

The bondholders have accused AT&T of using its controlling position on Excite@Home's board to steer the company into bankruptcy as part of a scheme to buy one of the nation's biggest high-speed Internet networks at a bargain price. AT&T has denied the allegations.

The judge said Excite's bondholders have the right to negotiate a better offer, but AT&T so far has not sweetened the deal it first made when Excite@Home, the nation's No.5 Internet service provider, filed chapter 11 bankruptcy in late September.

In a company statement, Excite@Home said it urges @Home customers to contact their cable companies for further information about their network services.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ZOmegaZ? What, you want a Starcraft rematch?

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Still up and running ... coolness.

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DSL is great...

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Verizon, on the other hand, is not.

So thankfully cable is still up and running

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAHA, Shaw is smart and had already anticipate such dumbness by @home

All of Shaw's user (at least in Canada) has already been move to Shaw's own backbone.

Plus, Shaw still have some sort of ties with @home, so we scan still use our @home.com email account, and @home.com webpage account!

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
ZOmegaZ? What, you want a Starcraft rematch?

I do, and I'll crush your head like a puny tin can.

Like the last time.

And the time before that.

And like the next time.

And like the next time after that.

I need to get a good internet connection tho.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Omega
Member # 91

Just look me up on ICQ some evening. You're on.

--------------------

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pardon me for asking, but what the hell is Starcraft? Is it any good? What is it about? If I were to buy the game, how easily could I kick Omega's ass?
IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

StarCraft

For great Omega humiliation.

StarCraft & the expansion packs are on sale at Best Buy (at least, they are up here). $10 or so.

[ December 07, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.