Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » OMG lol. Is your child a hacker? According to this, both my bro and I are!

Author Topic: OMG lol. Is your child a hacker? According to this, both my bro and I are!
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.flid.net/is_your_son_a_computer_hacker.htm

This is totally beyond belief! The sheer uneducated tone this guy has showed on his little report is laughable. Several people on the other forums I visit are harshly debating whether this is for real or a joke.

I especially love the fact that the word 'integrity' is a link to a web page on G.W. Bush and the words 'betrayed the principles' is a link to a page about Bill Clinton. This alone tells me that this guy is a member of the Super Conservative, Ultra White whako group.

LOL. I hope to god that this is a joke.

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it's very obviously a joke, and a funny one at that.

I especially like the part where he confuses hackers and ravers... *L*

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Popular hacker software includes "Comet Cursor", "Bonzi Buddy" and "Flash".

HAHAHAHA funny

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, any so call "hackers" that solely depend on ready-made software are "script kiddies"

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... Yes, that's the definition of "script kiddy". Thanks for, erm... sharing.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2001/12/2/42056/2147

I think this is the same article that MIB mentioned. MIB's original link is now broken so I may be wrong. Some things I'd like to say:

1. Has your son asked you to change ISPs?

This one is debateable. Personally, I will not use AOL even if Canada, Britain, AND the USA become Communist.

2. Are you finding programs on your computer that you don't remember installing?

The obvious one here is games. That's right, Games.

Comet Cursor? Hardly hacker software, but a real annoyance. Hah.

By the definition of the article, ICQ ought to be designated Hacker Software as well.

3. Has your child asked for new hardware?

In the last year since I got my new computer, I have added a CD-Writer, upgraded to 256 MB RAM, as well as a 40 GB Hard Drive. And I want to get a new video card to play all the latest games. Nothing wrong there, is it?

Here's the kicker: I have an AMD PROCESSOR!!!!! GASP. sigh, this guy really needs a life. It just burns me up to read AMD as a "third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips". He doesn't even provide proof of this.

So, given AMD's newfound popularity in the Processor Chip Market, this means that ASUS, Microstar, Tyan, Abit, Gigabyte, ECS, Soyo, etc, etc, are also supporting Child Labour due to their use of AMD chips?

As for his bit that AMD chips are never sold in stores, I can name several Big-Name stores that are selling computers with these chips in them.....

This is the first time I have ever heard of AMD being a hacker-friendly chip. What about the Pentium, anyways?

6. Does your son use Quake?

1) It's a game
2) I play Starcraft, which has meeting rooms much to what he describes.
3) Therefore, it must be a hacker Haven. Omega, do you read? You must be a hacker too.... [Big Grin]

Is your son obsessed with "Lunix"?

1) Linux.
2) Linus Torvales.
3) My University uses it.

Nuff Said.

9. Has your son radically changed his appearance?

1) I look like a geek.
2) Geeks are not "Rock Stars" like the ones he is describing.
3) I'd hate to get a haircut like the one he is describing.

10. Is your son struggling academically?

1) Meningitis? Where did this come from?
2) He could have sexual fantasies of the girl next door. Then you have a bigger problem.

I encourage all parents to read through this guide carefully. Your child's future may depend upon it. Hacking is an illegal and dangerous activity, that may land your child in prison, and tear your family apart.

So does the author's schizophrenia. And he doesn't use a computer as much as his son does.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This man has an obvious fear of technology. Perhaps we should send him away with the other Amish folk?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the way he said that AMD chips are made in third world countries with child labour, he obviously has no concept of how a IC is made. I guess the AMD chips are blowing away the intel chips just so they can hack into my computer faster. Very clever these third world types.
It would seem that this guy has stock in AOL, Intel and Microsoft.
A very funny article but not unexpected, I have talked with friends of mine who are just buying their first comp. and they asked me questions like these. They were all paranoid about people hacking into their comp, for who knows what.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes, just because I: asked for a laptop, switched to a DSL connection, installed software that enhances my computing habits, failed my business calculus class, and I cut my hair short means that I am a hacker...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Apparently the word "joke" doesn't have meaning to some people...
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh TSN...some people are oblivious to it...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is really sad about this whole thing are the response from people. People are ignorant sheep, they will blindly follow anybody.

--------------------
The Poster formally known as Tec.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's right!
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely correct!

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, what he said.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.