Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Stop mutilation of movies!

Author Topic: Stop mutilation of movies!
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

How, HOW can I convince the fat media cats to broadcast, or release on video, a movie in widescreen version? I can see the poor bastards whining. "It's so smaaaaallll that waaay." I missed the entire stormtrooper-dewback scene from SWEIV:ANH that way. And when an important text is shown, I want to see what it reads (even if I know)

Disturbingly, to tease us, some movies start with widescreen intros, then get butchered.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you mean. They do have wide-screen videos, but you'd have to look for it in some electronic or video-only store.

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2001: A Space Odyssey. My favourite film. NEVER EVER been available in Widescreen! I mean, you can get bloody "Dumb and Dumber" in Widescreen, but not 2001! They bring out a series of MGM Classics, available in ordinary and widescreen - all except 2001! B(
Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are patiently waiting fo the High Definition Television sets to hit the market--the market where Joes like me that pull in less that 30 thou a year can afford. If no one has heard about HDTV, they have the motion picture screen ratio.

Does anyone know if the flat tv has the same movie ratio?

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got First Contact in widescreen.
*drools*

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has FC and STVI on widescreen *drool drool*

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

The First One
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*has FC on widescreen laserdisc*

*slobber*

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FC on video, widescreen video, and DVD. So there.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Quintesson: "You are the Autobot named Kup. You are Cybertron's chief of security."
Kup: "Nah, my name's Teaspoon, and I'm Cybertron's chief dishwasher."

The First One
Member # 35

Ok, guys, we're beaten. This is what happens when we try to compete with Frank in the "I Have No Life" stakes. . . 8)
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, thank you.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Quintesson: "You are the Autobot named Kup. You are Cybertron's chief of security."
Kup: "Nah, my name's Teaspoon, and I'm Cybertron's chief dishwasher."

The First One
Member # 35

*L* Someone tell him it's not something to be proud of! 8P

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps