Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Ashcroft's Comments (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Ashcroft's Comments
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob: Erm... What is it that relates you to Coolidge? Certainly not his tendency toward silence. Perhaps simply the fact that the vast majority of the population have no idea who he was?
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, IRL, I'm much quieter than I am here... unless a topic I have interest in is hit upon.

Coolidge was respected as possessing common sense and dry wit. He rarely wasted words. He was extremely popular during his presidency, and almost certainly would have been elected for a second term had he chosen to run again.

His policied favored business and economic growth He made no effort to shield the guilty parties from his predecessor's administration, and forced the resignation of corrupt officials.

(It should also be noted that during his term, Congress CUT income taxes, but the revenue from taxes INCREASED.)

He did make mistakes, though. should have bought the nations surplus agricultural products and sold them abroad. Should have tried to stop the rampant speculation that halped to cause the Depression.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps