Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Palestinians has finally done it! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Palestinians has finally done it!
BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As has been explained to you on countless occasions, Israel and Palestine have committed to peace. The U.S. and Al Queda made no such commitment to one another, therefore there is no conflict as you claim.

No, Israelies are committed to peace, Palestinians are not, hence Israelies are getting blown apart while the Palestinian authority does nothing.

quote:
Also, since the bombings are likely not the work of the Palestine government, Israel's attack on government buildings is going to do only one thing:

Further Palestinian resentment of Israel.

Governments are always responsible for the terrorist acts committed by their citizens, and Palestinians governement are even more responsible because of their little-to-nothing involvement in controlling terrorists, which indirectly indorse more terrorists.

Palestinians authority (Arafat) keep on saying they're doing something about terrorists, but the rest of the world doesn't seem to agree with the Palestinians (U.S., Brits, etc). So who's right? A 3-year-old can figure that one out.

quote:
Which will then lead to more bombings and the like. Read my signature. And for god sake, I realize English isn't your first language, but when you post, could you at least take a fucking half second and make sure you don't get that damn stagger effect you've got going? It's really fucking annoying.

Man, I'm getting tired of your personal attacks, and by making these personal attacks, you've already lose the argument, even if your stand-point are correct.

When you point at others, there are three fingers that's pointing directly back to you, so by calling me a "fucking idiots", and that makes you what? I'm sure you'll get the idea.

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I've offended Blue. Well, gee. Christ, Blue, you're hardly the only guy to get yelled at for not ridding that 'stagger' effect from their posts. Why don't you take half a second before you post and make sure everything is working nice and well, m'kay? I'm not upset that you don't have quite a great grasp of English, but rather that you didn't format your post all that well. MIB got the same treatment. You're not special in this regard, so chill the fuck out.

quote:
No, Israelies are committed to peace, Palestinians are not, hence Israelies are getting blown apart while the Palestinian authority does nothing.

Since you didn't read the CNN article I linked to, I am not going to respond to this.

quote:
Governments are always responsible for the terrorist acts committed by their citizens,

They are? So the U.S. Government is responsible for Tim McVeigh blowing the Murrah building sky high? This is news to me!

quote:
Palestinians authority (Arafat) keep on saying they're doing something about terrorists, but the rest of the world doesn't seem to agree with the Palestinians

Look, do you really think the terrorists want peace? The government has little or no power over what they're going to do. Arafat and the Palestinian Authority may be willing to co-exist with Israel: extremists won't. And targeting those who do want to co-exist isn't going to do anything constructive.

quote:
When you point at others, there are three fingers that's pointing directly back to you, so by calling me a "fucking idiots", and that makes you what? I'm sure you'll get the idea.

I never called you a 'fucking idiot' ... if I did, please point out the link. Stop misquoting people. And since you're pointing at me, that means you're pointing three fingers and a thumb back at yourself.

Have a nice day, B.E.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, that "When you point at someone, you're pointing three fingers at yourself" is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, and I really wish people would stop saying it...

Besides, how in the world is your hand configured if your thumb points backward at you?

Anyway, more to the point...

"No, Israelies are committed to peace, Palestinians are not, hence Israelies are getting blown apart while the Palestinian authority does nothing."

Because every Palestinian wants to blow up Israelis, and every Israeli wants nothing more than to live in peace and harmony w/ their Arab brothers, right? Bullshit.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
However, Hamas and IJ ARE the militant arms of the PLO.

No. That's the line being sold by Sharon, but it's blatantly false.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh,

REALLY?

quote:
"The presence of Hamas on Palestinian territory is very important for building the Palestinian homeland." --- Muhammad Dahlan, head of Arafat's Preventive Security Service in Gaza, in an interview with the Hamas newspaper Al-Risallah (cited in Ha'aretz, 15 June 1997)

quote:
The Council congratulates "all the holy martyrs resulting from the noble wave of opposition to the Israeli Government's settlement activity." --- From a statement issued by the Palestinian Legislative Council on 27 March 1997, just 6 days after a suicide bombing in a Tel Aviv cafe which killed three Israelis (Ma'ariv, 28 March 1997)

quote:
"When we stopped the Intifada we did not stop the Jihad [Islamic holy war] to establish Palestine with Jerusalem as our capital.... We know only one word: Jihad, Jihad, Jihad...." --- Yasser Arafat, in a speech at the Dehaishe refugee camp near Bethlehem, 22 October 1996 (Yediot Aharonot, 23 October 1996)

quote:
"Are there no stones left in Hebron? Where are the stones and where are the mobs? Prepare yourselves for a struggle if the Israelis do not retreat from Hebron." --- Yasser Arafat, addressing Arab legislators in Hebron, 22 October 1996 (Yediot Aharonot, 23 October 1996)

quote:
On Changing the PLO Covenant, which calls for the destruction of Israel: "We have no intention of changing or nullifying the Covenant, rather, we will adhere to it until our last breath since it embodies the essence of our demands."--- Tayseer Qaba, deputy chairman of the PLO's Palestine National Council(A-Nahar, 19 September 1995, page 16

FEAR the Quotemaster!

[ December 14, 2001: Message edited by: First of Two ]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Rob ...

REALLY!

Izzedine al-Qassam is the militant wing of Hamas. Hamas is not a militant wing of anything, since, as logical can tell you, a militant wing does not need a militant wing because it is already the militant wing. It's like saying a hospital needs its own sickbay. I mean, hello?

quote:
The organization is best known for the exploits of its military wing, the Izzedine Al Qassam brigades. These operate entirely on a clandestine basis, and are currently believed to include up to 500 young volunteers for suicide missions. They are organized into small, discreet cells with multiple leadership structures that can quickly replace leaders eliminated by the Israelis or arrested by the PA.

But one of the keys to Hamas's popularity is its large-scale welfare arm. Hamas provides educational, medical and other desperately needed welfare services in impoverished West Bank and Gaza towns and refugee camps, creating a marked contrast with the image of corruption and cronyism most Palestinians have of Arafat's administration. The welfare arm also cares for the families of suicide bombers and others who have died fighting the Israelis, making suicide bombing a macabre form of life insurance in impoverished Palestinian communities. The social services performed by Hamas also create a pretext for the massive funding the organization receives from Muslim charities throughout the Persian Gulf and beyond.

More.

Now, maybe if the Israelis could take a look at the quote I'm using in my signature and realize peace CANNOT be accomplished by firing missiles, something could get done to resolving this problem.

But all anyone seems to advocating is more violence. Violence begets violence ... you want to stop the cycle? Then stop it.

[ December 14, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
you want to stop the cycle? Then stop it

The problem with that nice, idealistic viewpoint is that it's completely insane.

Yes! Forget the implacable enemy at the gates! Throw down your arms! Return to your homes! Then there will be peace! (Either that, or your enemy will storm the undefended gates and kill you all, but hey, that war'll still be over!)

Yes, nothing ends a war quite as fast as surrendering. Ask the French in World War II. Moreover, ask the French Jews, French Gypsies, French Homosexuals...

The PLO Charter still calls for Israel's annihilation. Until that is otherwise, all their talk of peace is just mouthfuls of ash.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Rob,

Uh, no one said anything about surrender.

One simply said firing missiles into buildings hasn't worked, so why not try something new?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Declining to engage in self-defensive tactics when an opponent interested in your destruction continues to attack you, is identical to surrendering in every way that matters.

If you do not resist, you surrender.

quote:
why not try something new?

You mean, like, say, the Peace meetings that took place during Clinton's Administration?

Hm.. Guess 'Clinton's Legacy' didn't make much of an impact on you, if you've forgotten it already, did it? Don't feel bad... apparently it didn't have much of an impact on the Palestinians, either.

[ December 14, 2001: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jihad = essentially untranslatable term. CNN has bombarded us with the idea that it means "holy war." Incorrect, at least as far as the Qu'ran describes it. It gets messy, of course, and you get tangled in the interpretation of religious text, which I know you have little love for. But a moderate Islamic cleric in Rabat might use it to mean one thing, and a loony Islamic racist fellow in Britain (what's that one guy's name, again?) to mean another, and Arafat to mean another, and Hamas to mean another, and bin Laden to mean a fifth and so on. Basically if you're ostensibly Islamic you can term any struggle against something a jihad. What the something is and to what lengths you can go is wide open.

And I think if the quotemaster were to investigate the Oslo Accords he'd find that the Palestinean Authority, under its terms, agreed to recognize the state of Israel. Show me where Arafat has called for the annihilation of Israel post-Oslo and I'll give you a cookie.

[ December 14, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hm.. Guess 'Clinton's Legacy' didn't make much of an impact on you, if you've forgotten it already, did it? Don't feel bad... apparently it didn't have much of an impact on the Palestinians, either.

No influence at all. Wasn't like Rabin was popped by uber-fundy Amir, or anything.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, maybe if the Israelis could take a look at the quote I'm using in my signature and realize peace CANNOT be accomplished by firing missiles

Who was it that said that sometimes, "peace" is just another word ofr "surrender"?

Their enemies will not negotiate. Their options are thus two: surrender to their enemies; annhilate their enemies.

something could get done to resolving this problem

Such as? Their enemies won't negotiate, remember?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
annhilate their enemies.

Oh, yeah, they've been real successful at that, now haven't they?

quote:
Such as? Their enemies won't negotiate, remember?

The PA has been to the negotiating table. Since the problem is extremist groups with ties to no-one, perhaps they should be targeted instead of the PA. Hmmm.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we should let them handle it the way they want to. It's like thier just a bunch of babies having a tantrum. Just leave em be so they can calm themselves down. And if they can't come to a peaceful conclusion then just let them bonk each other silly. It's the only way some people learn. Bullies and crack-pot dictators included.

But that's just my opinion.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Da_bang80:
It's like thier just a bunch of babies having a tantrum.

yeah, a 60 year old religious tantrum. that's one helluva baby.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps