Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Palestinians has finally done it! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Palestinians has finally done it!
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Conquerer BookWyrms, thank you.

And I'm a despot, not a revolutionary.

[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An uber-bookwurm, in other words.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of you that still think that Palestinians are a peace-loving people with only the "absolute few" that's causing the current crisis in Middle East, think again!

http://home-news.excite.ca/news/ap/011219/00/int-israel-palestinians

and I quote:

quote:
A new poll showed more than half the Palestinians opposed a halt to the fighting

Which mean they ain't as peace loving as you thought, MORE THAN HALF of the population support the terrorists.

So guess what, I was right on calling some of the Americans in this board hypocrites. Didn't almost all of you fully support what Bush is doing now to crack down on terrorists? Didn't Bush said something along the line that if you support or harbor terrorists, then you're a terrorists?

By the definition made by your president, which you guys elected and supported, more then half of Palestinians are terrorists, which Bush mention again and again, should be absolutely hunted down with no negotiations!

For those of you still on the side of Palestinians, I declare you the BIGGEST hypocrites in the world! What the hell is it going to take for you to see the truth? Maybe one day Palestinians decide to target Americans on their own land, then you'll agree with me.

[ December 19, 2001: Message edited by: BlueElectron ]

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that was some cogent and lucid criticism.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though he does have a point, like it or not.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a brilliant post certain to be well-recieved by all who read it, but then IE crashed. Imagine that. So instead I'll have to just say that I don't think he does have a point, and it isn't his percieved point that I necessarily have the problem with. It's the presentation that bugs me to no end, with its either/or fallacies and the like.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or the fact that after posting it here he dedicated a whole thread to it.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess this isn't one of Blue Electrons friends

Envoy Can't Remember Insult
Updated: Wed, Dec 19 11:28 AM EST

LONDON (Reuters) - France's ambassador to Britain cannot remember referring to Israel as "that shitty little country" during a private conversation with a newspaper owner, his spokesman said on Wednesday.

The spokesman said the ambassador, Daniel Bernard, was shocked to see media reports of a private dinner conversation he had had with Conrad Black, owner of the Daily Telegraph, which attributed the remark to him and depicted him as anti-Semitic.

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's spokesman said the remark -- if correctly reported -- would be anti-Semitic, while the French Foreign Ministry dismissed the media reports of the incident as "malevolent insinuations."

The conversation took place at a buffet party at Black's London home at the end of last week.

Black's wife, journalist Barbara Amiel, wrote in her column in the Telegraph on Monday that "an ambassador of a major EU country" said the whole of the current international security crisis could be blamed on "that shitty little country Israel."

Subsequent press reports named Bernard as the ambassador responsible.

"He doesn't remember saying that," the ambassador's spokesman, Yves Charpentier, told Reuters on Wednesday.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How in the world would that be anti-Semitic? If I say Afghanistan is a shitty country, is that anti-Islam? Afghanistan is a shitty country. It's spent years under rule by überoppressive religious fundamentalists, and it's spent a couple months getting the fuck bombed out of it.

Even if the guy did say Israel is a shitty country, so what? If he thinks the country is shitty, he thinks the country is shitty. I don't see what the relative shittiness of a country has to do w/ hatred of a large, wide-spread group of people.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have any clue who Conrad Black is, it would be wise to ignore such pap altogether.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know who Conrad Black is I just thought this was funny.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps