Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I give up..... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I give up.....
Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to complain.. I really, really, hate it. but I need somewhere to say these things, because they're threatening to eat me alive.
It was my birthday this monday and I was completely miserable... I've been sicker than sick all week and just spent more time in the hospital tonight....
Not to mention the pounds of mental baggage people have seen fit to throw at me this week. I mean, I like to think that I can handle my life right now and still be a good friend and handle everyone else's ... but the truth is, I can't even handle my own life right now. Damnitt, I just can't handle this. People come to me, giving me impossible decisions that I have to make. The person I love doesn't love me back, classic story I know ... but I find myself once again giving this person tips on thier relationships with other women....
Well I give up on that. I'm not going to stop loving this person, but as for hope in a relationship, I give up. I give up on him. I can't handle the confusion anymore, it's driving me nuts.
I want to stop fighting. I want to just grab a teddy bear, lock myself up in a closet, and sit there where no one and nothing can hurt me ever, ever, again. I want to withdraw inside myself, lock myself up in oblivion and stay there. Someone stop the world, I want to get off. I'm taking my ball, and going home. I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE. *ahem* ...
obviously, I can't. but I want to. I want to so bad I can almost taste it.

------------------
There are people who one loves immediatly and forever. Just to know that you exist in the same world together is sufficient. Till I loved, I never lived - enough.

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the feeling.

Well, not the sickness part, obviously, but all the rest of it. It's a kind of overload, really, and I can't remember how I ever get past it. I just do. Anger helps.

Unrequited love sucks. Eventually I just got fed up of having feelings for people who obviously weren't capable of seeing in me the 'good' qualities. . . of course, I now feel differently - that in fact I don't have any of the qualities that attract or interest members of the opposite sex (or my sex for that matter). So I've given up on relationships. It's just too much work for a personality as naturally abrasive as mine to try to make people like me.

Likewise, *ahem!* If this person is so ingmorant that he's not noticed your feelings or how much his badgering you for advice is combining with all your other problems, then either confront him about it or avoid him.

Isolation or denial maybe isn't the way to go, but it can be a starter. Identify the problem areas that can be put aside for now, insensitive friends for one, and concentrate on the really important pressing things, such as your health and your studies.

Remember, we're all here for you! 8)

------------------
"I am greater than the stars for I know that they are up there and they do not know that I am down here." - William Temple

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The person she refers to knows all too well how she feels, Lee, and he hurts because of it...

I know him very well. You guys don't.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

[This message was edited by Charles Capps on April 17, 1999.]

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know exactly how you feel Jubes. I just got over the same thing myself. It took me a very long time to give up on her. She knew I was willing to give her the world, but I suppose that just wasn't enough.

She never said she liked me. Not even once. I wanted so badly for her to want me, just a little. But she didn't. And she never will. It took me awhile, perhaps far too long to realize it. I loved her, and she threw it back in my face. And for that, I don't think I could ever forgive her.

I finally made the decision to leave her behind. It was difficult, and it hurt, but I did it. I did because she was hurting me, flaunting the fact that many guys wanted to go out with her.

I wish I could provide you with a quick fix solution. One minute, and the pain will be gone. Unfortunately, I can't. But I can tell you that you'll get over it. It takes some time, but you will get over him. Just remember that there are more important things in life than that guy. You are one of them. If you need somebody to talk to Jubes, I'll always be here to listen. It's tough, but with your friends, you'll make it through.

------------------
"We choose to do this and more. Not because it is easy, but because it is hard."
-- John F. Kennedy

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jubilee, I know how you feel also. I'm helping out everyone else around me: giving advise on everything from classes to love, listening to people's problems, and tutoring my friends in music theory. However, my life is in a shambles right now, too. And my world has been threatening to completely fall for weeks now. I fear that it will before the end of this semester.

I'm also a victim of unreturned love. This is my second time. However, it hurts more now with Heather than it did with Susan. And because I'm so screwed up and confused right now, I've almost ruined my friendship with Heather twice now thanks to my feelings and how I've acted (a very long story). This week, I'm supposed to talk to her about why I thought that she hated me so much.

If you ever need someone to talk to, you have lots of friends here who will listen to you, Jubilee. And I think almost all of us will understand where you're coming from.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ratio of sympathy to useful advice I have to offer on this one: 1,000,000 to (some very small number that is greater than zero, but not so much as you'd notice)

I did not marry until I was in my late 30's. My non-theoretical experience with romance prior to that time would fill a disappointingly small pamphlet. You have my sympathy, but my experience is not up to providing wisdom specific to your situation.

What I do have to say is: Move along. If this guy can't appreciate your finer qualities after having sufficient time to become aware of them, he probably isn't. Replace him with someone who will give you love and respect.

--Baloo

------------------
I came home the other night and tried to open the door with my car keys...and the building started up. So I took it out for a drive. A cop pulled me over for speeding. He asked me where I live... "Right here".
-- Steven Wright

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best thing you can do is to grit your teeth and move on. Ha. Wish I'd listen to my own advice.

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SHE'S BEEN GOING OUT WITH SOMEONE FOR TWO MONTHS! SHE COUDL HAVE MENTIONED THAT AT SOME POINT!

Sorry, forgot myself.

As everyone else has said, move along. At least he knows how you feel. The only thing worse than unrequieted love, is when you are too scared to even make the other person aware of how you feel. It's better to have an answer, no matter how bad, than to spend the rest of your life kicking yourself for not speaking-up.

------------------
'My rigid grill structure...'
-Dinobot

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta agree with that. Not telling someone how I much I cared about her is one of the things that keeps me awake at night. Unrequited love may not feel good, but unspoken love is a great deal worse.

------------------
"We choose to do this and more. Not because it is easy, but because it is hard."
-- John F. Kennedy

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

And Jubes, you've got a significant other?

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This song might help. Sing it to the guy. Sorry, I can't resist.

One of these days
You will look back in shame.
After you've learned
That a spark's not a flame.
You will regret
How you pushed love aside,
When you're married to nothing!
When you're misery's bride!

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ziyal's song has just depressed me. And I don't know why. I'm going off to hide under my bed and cry now. :-(

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me a bit of this song lyric.

Burn your forget-me-nots
Admit that true love can die
No, I won't apologize, my love, just kiss me goodbye.

------------------
"I'm sick, like Nixon was sick, my defeated heart keeps beating on. I won't die, like Chucky won't die."
--
They Might Be Giants

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, you want flames? Here are a few:

I'm single. There are many reasons why, not least of which is the fact that I'm an unattractive uncharismatic creep in the eyes of the rest of the world. I can live with that, I have a hard time relating to morons anyway. Plus, after certain things that happened a long time ago, I'm never going to trust anyone that way, ever again.

Such is life.

But it seems that the biological urge to find a mate has such effects on people that I end up getting judged for NOT finding one by the very same ones who've already deemed me unsuitable!

And then of course there is the whole different social life that results: I've been excluded from events because I'm the single one.

And then, as has been mentioned by others, you have to listen to others' problems. People complaining endlessly about how awful their partner is. I long since gave up saying to them "then leave him/her" because of course that's NOT what they want to hear! Then once they've patched up their problems temporarily, they ignore you until the next time. . .

I say there's something about me that fundamentally rules out relationships. I've talked to many of my closest female friends about it, and they deny that. I get constant variations on the "I'd go out with you, but. . ." But what?! "But," as Samuel L Jackson might say, "don't mean shit!"

Anything else? *thinks*

Nope, that's it, for now.

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you feel like your head will explode, put on some Mozart, full blast. Obviously not a cure, but it helps as long as the music is on.
(Thats rattle the windows loud i'm talking about)

Fortunately Mom like Mozart, and is hard of hearing.

------------------
Down for Upgrade

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps