Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Fuel Cells! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fuel Cells!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I think it would be as stupid for Gore to run as for Bush to keep Cheney on his ticket.

John Edwards.

quote:
Hey. Pay my rent for two months, and I might vote for YOU, too
That's a pretty cheap rent.

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Edwards? That fake psychic I-talk-to-the-dead guy?

I renovated the apartment myself. They took materials and labor out of my rent.

How about this new bipartisan environmental cleanup bill?

quote:
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa. (AP) -- President Bush signed legislation Friday to clean up thousands of polluted industrial sites, a measure he lauded as evidence of what happens ``when people decide to cooperate, not bicker'' in Congress.

Bush traveled to Conshohocken to sign the bill, a five-year plan to provide up to $250 million a year to states, local governments and Indian tribes to clean up the sites, known as brownfields.

``We are returning common sense to our cleanup program,'' Bush said. ``We will protect innocent small-business owners and employees from unfair lawsuits and focus our efforts instead on actually cleaning up contaminated sites.

``Environmental protection and economic growth can go on together,'' he said.

The president cited the brownfields bill as an example of bipartisanship, in which elected officials say, ``I'm proud of my political party. But I'm more proud of my country. And I want ... to do what's right for America first, not my political party.''

Bush signed the bill at the Millennium Corporate Center, which stands on 30 acres that once was a contaminated site. Before redevelopment, the land -- which sits on the banks of the Schuylkill River and once held a steel plant -- was closed off by chain-link fences and littered with abandoned tires and industrial trash.

Friday's trip was the seventh time Bush has visited Pennsylvania since taking office a year ago. It was his second journey this week away from Washington for a bill signing; Tuesday, the president went to Ohio to sign education legislation into law.

Outside of the bill being signed, the Bush administration plans to double spending next year on brownfields cleanup. Christie Whiteman, administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, said Thursday that Bush, in his 2003 budget proposal, will seek $102 million more than the $98 million Congress appropriated this year.

``This is something Congress was trying to get for 10 years,'' Whitman told The Associated Press. ``The president made a commitment and we're trying to get it done.''

After raising the spending level to $200 million, Whitman said, the administration may propose spending $250 million in fiscal 2004.

So far the government has handed out $2 million of the $98 million available this year, said Linda Garczynski, director of the EPA brownfields program. Ten recipients, ranging from nonprofit groups to local governments such as the District of Columbia, are getting $200,000 each for a brownfields job training pilot program.

The EPA has received more than 100 applications from states and other entities seeking money to assess the extent of pollution on individual brownfield sites. Thirty-two of those will be awarded money.

The agency also has gotten more than 40 applications for money to help secure loans for cleanups, and 20 to 25 of those requests will be granted, Garczynski said.

The money is handed out based on how many sites are involved, the severity of problems and the impact the project might have on a community, among other factors, she said.

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
John Edwards? That fake psychic I-talk-to-the-dead guy?
No.

quote:
How about this new bipartisan environmental cleanup bill?
Too bad Jeb isn't in the White House (I can't believe I just said that). Then no-one could question his sincerity ... (at least in so-far as protecting the enviornment goes).

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The environmental quality of Texas was significantly increased under Bush. You know that as well as I do.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Yes, due to legislation passed during Bush's predecessor, Ann Richards' term in office. We've been through this already, Omega. Your constant refusal to see fact and truth has pretty much made you an annoying little buzz in debates, since much of what you say has already been debunked so many times you're black and blue all over.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.