Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I need story ideas, and opinions on one I already have (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I need story ideas, and opinions on one I already have
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scratch that. No drama. We need a comedy.

Ideas, people? I'm tapped.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jane Fonda & Pope John Paul II Workout Video? Those supple thighs, working in unison...
Hmm, it's hot in here.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two men vie for the worship of a young lady in Roman times. They use comical methods to gain her eye, and the sly dialogue and crazy plots make the audience laugh. At the end, when the girl and guy fall in love and are given a Christian marriage, then sacrificed to lions, the audience can rejoice in knowing they live together in heaven.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the event that anyone cares...

http://home.earthlink.net/~dawico/L2L.htm

Still a bit unfinished, but I figured, what the hey?

The first person who finds a pattern to the character names gets a free library card! But only if they live in Davidson county. Otherwise it's $20 a year.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jim. Bob. Jim-Bob. [Roll Eyes]

quote:
nearest psych ward, regardless of whether their physically sick or not.
Yes, because psych wards treat people who aren't physically sick. Yes, really they do. They're not known for their surgical rooms, y'know. [Smile]

You spelled 'hear' wrong at the top of Scene 3.

quote:
I… remember one of my Elementary school teachers teaching us about it for a week or two
They're paid to teach. Not preach.

quote:
loose
If you meant to type 'lose', you need to loose (I mean, lose) an 'o' ...

quote:
Kate and I read the Bible together for hours. Richard did talk to the woman in 515 later that morning, and he learned the same things that we did.
So, if the old lady had handed them novelizations of the 'Star Wars' trilogy instead ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Member # 91

Darn. You know, I made quite a few changes to this script earlier today, but they apparently didn't save. Double-darn.

--------------------

Omega
Member # 91

Fixed and updated. NOW find the pattern in names. [Smile]

[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: Omega ]

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though no-one named "Somewhere" has ever been canonized, how could a place that locks up all Judeo-Christians have a hospital named after a saint?
Omega
Member # 91

It was named before the facists gained power.

That, or you could say that it was named after a famous historical person, and that their religious persuasion was irrelevant.

But those are just rationalizations for my use of a joke. Anyone get it?

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
It was named before the facists gained power.
Wouldn't they change it after they gained power? To, like, Ashcroft Memorial Hospital or something?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weak, Jeff. Weak.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

[Razz]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given that the theme and purpose of Omega's play is, as it were, written in stone, if you've got a problem with that aspect of it keep it to yourself.
Omega
Member # 91

Thank you, Sol. [Smile]

--------------------

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just one point in an earlier post you said you wanted a comedy, guess you dropped that idea.
To bad you already wrote it, a story about that walker guy might have worked. He chose god over his country and it lead to his downfall.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps