Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Raid won't get rid of the bugs on this plane (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Raid won't get rid of the bugs on this plane
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should China be really Bugged about this?

Or does the US have the legitimate right to do this? (assuming it was the US that wanted the plane bugged)

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: Tahna Los ]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the US doesn't have a legitimate right to spy. No nation has (talk about kicking in an open door). Happens anyway.

quote:
The Washington Post quoted unidentified sources as saying Chinese aviation and military officers believe U.S. intelligence agencies planted the listening devices aboard the plane while it was being fitted in the United States with special bathroom and other accommodations for President Jiang Zemin.

The CIA had no comment.

Doesn't really matter where the devices where planted. Wether the CIA has comments or not is also irrelevant, since it's pretty obvious which organisation is responsible for planting the bugs - and it ain't Wal-Mart.

'Course, espionage is a dirty business. Though I doubt the Chinese have wired AF1&2, you can bet that they too are running their own little operations (EVIL COMMIES!).

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: Cartman ]

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rather then blaming criminal masterminds or political radicals over sea for the recent terrorist events that took place over in the States, American should really think about why almost everyone pick them as the target...

BECAUSE SOMETIME YOU GUYS DESERVE IT!

And this is just one of the many example that make people all over the world dislike the Americans.

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Norman: HOLY FUCKING SHIT, THAT'S A BIG-ASS CAN OF WORMS!

Reman: Yeah, here help me with this.

Norman: WHOA! YOU'RE GOING TO OPEN THAT BASTARD?

Norman is loud. That's why the funny comes.

Oh, and maybe he says things without thinking too much, and is incoherent. That's why the irony comes. Except he's not Blue or an Energetic Particle-type deal.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone does it. Indeed, global security is somewhat dependant on everyone doing it. China understands that. Most analysts aren't expecting any serious fallout. Indeed, the point is America got nailed and the Chinese are fuming to an extent but are moreso pointing and laughing.

Fine, well and good. But I'm just sick of America playing the "peerless and righteous defender of freedom" card at every turn when time and again its been established that they hit below the belt. In this case, its no biggie because nobody's gotten hurt. But when its training assasins and torturing people and deposing governments that disagree with them its a somewhat different matter.

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah. those people who got burned to death/crushed to death/fell to their death at the WTC were the ones behind all that sinister shit that goes on in the United States name around the globe. They totally deserved what they got.

actually, I get the sarcastic tone of the above. what ticks me off is that the bugs were found. How inept were these guys? It was like a fifth graders plan.

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: thoughtcriminal84 ]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*smacks BE*

Does that mean we have a legitimate reason to hate the Chinese and bomb the Great Wall, because they have elint boats disguised as fishing trawlers off our western coast? Hm?

Don't hate US, for what YOU DO TOO.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let them find a few bugs, but make sure one or two are truly hidden.....

BE, that was bad.......

Like that disagreeable Taliban.....

Is is 'gremlins' or 'graemlins'??? Look to the left and below the 'Add Reply' button.....

We really do need a a member from the Taliban here.... Although I guess since they really hate the evil infidel created internet wee can.....

U.S.S.R. did our embassy, we do China's plane, China probably did bug the Russians somewhere along the lines.... If you have nothing to hide it woulldn't matter, crap, if someone bugged me they'd see how boring my life is.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't get me wrong, I feel sympathy towards the victims of general public. I'm saying that general public should focus more on American forenign policies (like, keep their government on butting in on business of other nations, and refraining from playing boss all the time.)

Fishing boat? Dude, you gotta show more proof then that.

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: BlueElectron ]

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Is is 'gremlins' or 'graemlins'??? Look to the left and below the 'Add Reply' button....."

I'm not sure what this has to do w/ anything, but the reason it says "Graemlins" is apparently because the guy who made the smilies was named "Graeme".

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: TSN ]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BE, EVERY government butts in on the business of every other. Such is the nature of international politics. If you don't like it, I have some nice warm covers you can pull over your head. If the US just happens to be better at it, that's merely a sign that we're the most adept at looking out for our own interests.

Do you remember the hoopla about the USSR bugging all over the US Embassy in Moscow, back in the 70-80's? I do.

[ January 23, 2002: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could be wrong, but didn't Reagan order a tunnel dug under the Soviet embassy for the same purpose?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

BlueElectron
Member # 281

Sure, you're right, everyone in the world butt in on other's business, but U.S. exercise it to such an extreme extend that they piss most people off.

That's why I said that U.S. are somewhat responsible for the attacks

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so, by that logic, If you piss me off, I can come and blow up your house, and you'll be one responsible for it.

nice.

to be fair, I understand where you're coming from. The US does cause alot of pain in this world. The US arguably also has the largest propaganda blanket in the world as well...one that blinds many of it's citizens to the world.

But these punks that think they can change something by killing innocents in a building? They're not changing anything. In fact, they're making things worse, causing their own situation to rot even faster than it would've otherwise.

BlueElectron
Member # 281

Well, I'm not saying that terrorists are justify to attack U.S. because U.S. pissed people off.

Terroists are moraless killing machines that should be shot for blowing innocent people up, BUT U.S. is stupid enough by attracting the unwanted attention of terriorst onto themself by playing boss and butting in on others all the time.

U.S. should ask themself this question: How come terrorists always pick us?

And the answer is not "because we're the symbol of freedom" or "they're jealous of how well we're doing", the real answer is that people are sick of how U.S. always trying to tell them how to live their live and how to govern their country.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps