Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Raid won't get rid of the bugs on this plane (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Raid won't get rid of the bugs on this plane
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, maybe, why do the wipes from the Middle East pick us....

England can ask the same for the IRA.....

Israel the same as US....

Political and idealogical beliefs differ....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terrorists DON'T always pick the US, BE. Your historical/sociopolitical naivete astounds me.

There have been terrorist incidents all over the world. Spain, France, the UK, Malaysia, Russia, Colombia, Brazil, Yemen, Kenya, EVERYWHERE. And as often as not, NOT directed towards the US.

Telling us that ONE country needs to change its policies because it's been attacked, while all the others do not, is... well, I can't think of a better word for it... DUMB. It's also bowing to what the terrorists want, in a FUTILE hope that "Oh, if we change, they won't blow up things anymore!" They won't. They'll just move on to newer goals of their bombing.

Terrorists are out of a job, if a peaceful solution happens, peace isn't in their interests.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While it's true that terrorisim also happened in other countries, but the magnitude and freqency is nothing compare to the terrorism committed towards U.S.

Plus, most of them are DOMESTIC outside of U.S., while U.S. are getting both domestic and international.

Domestic terrorism usually means people inside their own country are not happy with the way how society works, while international terrorisms are commited because your country piss other people in other nations off.

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Terrorists are out of a job, if a peaceful solution happens, peace isn't in their interests.
I'm sure Rob'll argue me about this, but George Washington essentially led terrorists to overthrow British occupation in the American colonies. When the French assisted and the British were beaten, Rob would have you believe that Washington was willing to lead an invasion force to England to burn London down.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you name any Continental Army attacks on civilian nonmilitary targets?

I can name a few Britih attacks of that kind.

Who, then, were the terrorists?

Only a terrorist like that guy in that TNG episode that they censored in the UK (can't remember the name) would compare Washington with BinLaden.

quote:
Rob would have you believe that Washington was willing to lead an invasion force to England to burn London down.
What?? What part of your butt did you pull that out of?

[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Only a terrorist like that guy in that TNG episode that they censored in the UK (can't remember the name) would compare Washington with BinLaden.
Terrorist, guerilla, freedom-fighter. What's the difference, Rob?

And, again, we see you ignoring all the times when supporters of the American Revolution attacked those who weren't. Of course, you don't call THAT terrorism, the same way you don't define bombings of civilians in Afghanistan terrorism (admittedly, those are accidental).

Still, you draw lines that are hipocritical. "No, pro-Revolutionary Americans weren't terrorists, even when they attacked anti-Revolutionary Americans! But the British WERE terrorists when they attacked pro-Revolutionary Americans!"

Then you go and say that the British were terrorists. Well, okay, using that definition any attack on a civilian by the U.S. is thus a terrorist attack. Oh, wow -- Berlin, Dresden, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, do we even need to mention My-Lai?

Using that logic, your assertment that ALL terrorists/guerillas/freedom fighters wanted to keep fighting after their objectives were obtained is flawed, since Washington's Revolutionary Army meets the definition, and you didn't seem them sending an armada to burn England to a crisp.

But most damning is that using George W. Bush's definition, we need to bomb ourselves. For we have attacked civilian targets, Rob, and if we are to believe what you and Bush say, then we as a nation are more damned then any.

[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

quote:
all the times when supporters of the American Revolution attacked those who weren't
again, when?

And when the reverse was true, and the Tories attacked, can we call the Brits terrorists? How about when they paid the Indians for American scalps?

One would think that a fan of pro sports would know the difference between a riot and a terrorist event, but maybe you're not all that clear.

Anyway, much poop do i sense in this argument, when one brings up things done 30 years ago and related them to things done now.

The people in now are not responsible for what happened then. (Despite the liberal Theory of Perpetual Blame) It is ludicrous in the extreme to suggest punishing people for sins their forebears committed. (Omega's religion notwithstanding)

These people committed their acts in the PRESENT. We're living in the PRESENT. We're dealing with the NOW. Get a grip.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I think what you're speaking of (Native Americans, and all) was the massacre at Wyoming?

quote:
At the end of June 1778, a group of 900 Tories and Native Americans struck the Wyoming Valley of Pennsylvania. A small force of militia and 60 regulars under the command of Colonel Zebulon Butler attacked the attackers and was butchered. All of those not killed on the battlefield were later tortured to death.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Tories Americans opposed to Revolution? Uh, where were the British in all of this? Isn't this just American terrorism against other Americans based on political ideology?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Yes, the Tories attacked. Your quote says that the defenders were butchered by the Tories and Indians.

The Tories didn't consider themselves Americans, they considered themselves British. The Brits considered the Tories Brits, as well. And even after the Revolution, when the Brits still controlled the land past the Appalachians, they paid the Native Americans to harass and raid Americans.

However, this is still all old history, and has nothing to do with the PRESENT, (unless you propose nuking London for acts committed 200+ years ago - which IS terrorist logic) except to show how the natural outgrowth of your arguments on the subject would lead to the extinction of humanity, and thusly cannot be correct.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I still don't see the British in here.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

read the revised & edited post above.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Only a terrorist like that guy in that TNG episode that they censored in the UK (can't remember the name) would compare Washington with BinLaden."

I should point out that the "censorship" consisted of removing the line about when Ireland was reunified, and nothing else. Which I can see the logic behind.

"Can you name any Continental Army attacks on civilian nonmilitary targets?

I can name a few Britih attacks of that kind."

I'm so glad that The Patriot presented an honest and accurate depiction of that war. Where would we be without Mel Gibson and his tireless desire for historical accuracy in his films.

[ January 24, 2002, 21:06: Message edited by: PsyLiam ]

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Patriot wasn't historically accurate?

wow.

there goes my thesis paper, and my faith in the biting wit of the british. [Wink]

Seriously, I would like to know why it's supposed that the US is hit more often than other countries...can't remember the last time somebody started shit in, say, Denmark, but then again, it's not like this country is Lebanon.

If you factor in the scope of influence that this country (for good or ill) enjoys, I'm suprised we aren't getting fucked up every other week.

As far as the debate over what a terrorist is? I thought we--we being CNN--had decided that...a terrorist is somebody from the middle east who doesn't like the West and has guns. Or bombs. Or severe rhetoric. Or maybe even a lazy eye.

Except that we are lead to believe that most of those swine are okay, which is why we are creating all kinds of new laws that won't work to track said swine as they move around in our country. Because most of them are okay, and they (most of them)OBEY THE LAW.

The fact that they (most of them)OBEY THE LAW is apparently very important. I've read that phrase quite a bit lately in regards to american Arabs...

God, I love pointless sarcasm, especially when it makes a vague point.

Remember, in this world, if you want to make people stop doing things, you drop big heavy things called bombs on them.

It seems to work equally well when you blow things up with cars made into bombs, or when you are ingenious and use airplanes as bombs.

Bombs are the key to everything. You know, because they solve so many problems.

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course the continental army wasn't an army because the United States had only been recognized by one state at the time, France and therefore it was only a terrorist force (sound familiar). And there were lots of incidents where civilians were attacked and their goods confiscated to feed that so-called army.
And also you celebrate an act of terrorism every year in Boston Harbour.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

You are a true idiot if you think I'm referring to incidents in "The Patriot." Nice desperate non sequitur, though. *claps sarcastically*

Actually, the events I'm referring to occurred mostly during the occupation of New York.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps