Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Right vs Left Newspapers, Part II

Author Topic: Right vs Left Newspapers, Part II
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In May, 2000, seven people in Walkerton, Ontario died after drinking water contaminated with deadly bacteria. The cause was pinpointed to a poorly managed well in which heavy storms washed bacteria-laden manure into the well. The filtering system also didn't help as the water was not properly chlorinated to remove such bacteria from the water.

An Inquiry was held in which it found both the government and the people who ran the Water filtration plant were both equally responsible for this disaster.

So what does the right and left think about recent events?

Left Wing View

Right Wing View

Please comment.

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: Tahna Los ]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A far more interesting study in the ideological polarity of the two papers than tainted water.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part Two?

I daresay this has reached infinitum, my dearies.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it shows that Conservatives believe in Individual Responsibility (ie, it's these Koebel guys' faults for committing fraud in their reports -- and weren't they government employees?), while Liberals believe in blaming conservatives for everything.

It's like the end of the B5 ep. "Day of the Dead"...

"Mr. Garibaldi wants to blame the telepaths... of course, these days he's blaming them from everything from sunspots to hair loss." [Smile]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.