Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Appointed By God

Author Topic: Appointed By God
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What ever happened to your separation of church and state?
http://www.sptimes.com/News/112901/Citrus/Mayor_banishes_Satan_.shtml

Apparently this woman believes that God appointed her to be Mayor Of Inglis.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm on a mission from God.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I wonder what's in your job description then.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"You're either with God or against him,"
::sigh::

quote:
"We've gone so far in the separation of church and state it's almost like Christians don't have rights anymore."
::sigh::

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You're either with God or against him..."

I'm against.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whether or not I'm with or against God depends on which God or version of God we eventually find out really exists.

Didja know Batman kept secret files on how to disable or destroy the other superheroes, if it became necessary?

Where's the Gods and Goddesses file?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thor isn't in the DC universe.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is this here?
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what we get for allowing senior citizens to smoke weed.

If I hadn't just started a new job, this would be time for a road trip. It's time the Minions of Darkness fought back! }:I

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That article sounds A LOT like an Onion article.

"Satan declined comment on his banning..."

--------------------
Meh

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Batmans secret files weren't that good. The JLA would've beaten Ra's al Ghul somehow.

At work we took a vote and banned Satan. And the easter bunny, and Santa. Oh, and the Pope, because he looks funny in his little hat.

Enforcing it hasn't been a problem, so far. But we're afraid of violating discrimination laws, so if any of them show up, I'm not sure what I'll do.

[ January 29, 2002, 23:42: Message edited by: thoughtcriminal84 ]

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You're either with God or against him..."

Ha. Isn't that similar to what bin Laden said? How about Bush's tirade about being either good or evil or some other such non-existent dichotomy?

--------------------
life creation in progress

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's also waiting for Elvis to return....

Elvis ---- Evils

mmmmmm, could it be..... SATAN?????

[Smile]

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Batman even had secret Kryptonite bullets.. in case he needs to drop Supes one day. The ultimate precaution.

And in situations involving Gods, the New Gods could hook him up with a MotherBox, via Mr. Miracle probably. And knowing Scott Free and also Wonder Woman has given him insight into the strencths and weaknesses of the Greek Pantheon and also their cousins from Darkseid's Apokolips and New Genesis.

G'night

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just because Wizard thinks Batman can take the JLA doesn't mean I have to agree. [Smile]

There is no way Batman could defeat them. Nothing against bats, but jesus...Lex Luthor has surely thought of Kryptonite bullets before. He had a kryptonite ring, for god's sakes...

as far as the New Gods...they haven't been good in years. Kirby's death saw to that.

(all in fun, all in fun) [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps