Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » US AG is jealous of a half-naked statue. He He He (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: US AG is jealous of a half-naked statue. He He He
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the BBC, and reported on the AP, ABC News, CNN, and many others:

Who is afraid of the big, bad nipple?

ROFLMAO

[ January 31, 2002, 02:39: Message edited by: targetemployee ]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a nice breast. A shame the puritans get the last word.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus Christ, we have some fucked up people in this country. I want to smack AssCroft a savage blow for nipple lovers everywhere.

Looking back on what I just wrote, I think: "Nipple Lovers? Dunno why, but that strikes me as an odd coupling of words."

Boredom strikes again.

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I said it before, Canada has the right to bare breasts, US has the right to bear arms, where would you rather live.

Oh and another thought, you would think he would want to keep it up there to piss off the muslem fundalmentalists every time they have to watch a press conference. But i guess the conservative fundalmentalists are just as screwed up morally.

[ January 31, 2002, 06:27: Message edited by: Grokca ]

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, c'mon, he'd probably ban the David from being shown at the National Museum of Art ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... The article said he had nothing to do w/ it. Why is everyone assuming he did? Honestly, I believe that he really does have more important concerns at the moment (and always, for that matter).

I don't like the guy either, but I'm not going to blame him for every random little thing that has his name associated w/ it somehow.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Tim. It was Ashcroft's Puritanical Staff, not Ashcroft. Which isn't to say he isn't a puritancial git as well, it's just that in this case that's irrelevant.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
ABC News reported that the decision was taken at the request of the conservative Mr Ashcroft himself.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The article said he had nothing to do w/ it. Why is everyone assuming he did?
Not everyone. I'm not. I'm assuming ABC either got it wrong, or spun it that way.

Why?

Because it's easier for them to hate him that way.
'S all part of the Grand Fib. They say you aren't allowed to hate anybody or anything... but it's only so long as THEY support it.

At least, that's my opinion. Of course, now I've put this thread in candidacy for the flameboard. Oh, well.

[ January 31, 2002, 14:50: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
I'm assuming ABC either got it wrong, or spun it that way.
Of course, the spokesman for the Justice Department could've gotten it wrong, or spun it that he had nothing to do with it.

But, Rob's got a hard-on for the press, so whenever they're in the situation, they must be wrong. But, then again, 'Rob' and 'logic' don't go in the same sentence very well. He's been brainwashed by the right-wing ... it's sad, buit oh-so true. :rollseyes:

[ January 31, 2002, 15:26: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Yodaspeak* Much hatred I sense in you.

Hey, at least I said it was an assumption.

Given that 'the press' tends to copy and pass on its stories, (which is why you find that (AP) in the byline so often, and near-identical articles in every paper), it's not even a wild assumption. Somebody reports something, whether or not its entirely accurate, and everybody jumps on the bandwagon.

People have hoaxed the press, even major networks, before, you know. If people can hoax them, incorrect data or rumors can get passed on just as easily... or would you now be insisting that former prez George Bush died in Japan, if CNN had reported it, as they were about to that day he had the flu and barfed in that dignitary's lap?

You've just got a mad-on against anybody who has a different opinion, or even proposes a different possibility, from your own.

And _I_ can do [Roll Eyes] right. [Razz]

[ January 31, 2002, 16:34: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL@last paragraph

--------------------
life creation in progress

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I've got a 'mad-on'? No, Rob. I can tolerate those with differing opinions. However, I do have to point out when they act irrationally (as you and Omega do so often).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ow. My ears hurt. Can the horn-tooting be kept down a little?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can hope.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps