Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » It has happened again....... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: It has happened again.......
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.......another shooting has occurred in a high school, this time at Columbine High school, southwest of Denver, Colorado. Initial reports say about 15 people hurt. The assailants are said to be members of the "Trenchcoat Mafia", as they wore trenchcoats at the time. Rumours had it that they were armed with shotguns and grenades, and that some students are being held hostage, only about 90% of the students in the High school have been accounted for.

More news as it develops........

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ten bucks says the warning signs were already there, and nothing was done about it.

*previous improper levity deleted*

Holy ****. I just finally got home and saw the news.
Apologies for the earlier version of this post.

[This message was edited by First of Two on April 20, 1999.]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yahoo Coverage: http://headlines.yahoo.com/FC/breaking/School_Violence/

*expects the gun control in the US thread, round 8, to kick off any time now*

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bastards that did this are now apparently being reported as dead, apparent suicide.

May their souls burn in hell for eternity. I have rarely been so pissed off in my life.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am watching CNN coverage. Shit.

------------------
To make an apple pie from scratch, we must first invent the universe.

~Carl Sagan

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My coverage says that two of them are dead, a third who was apparently a friend of theirs was brought out in handcuffs, and three more guys dressed in camoflauge and/or black trenchcoats, also associates of the perps, were apprehended while "descending" upon the school.

So four of them may still be alive (for now).

And yeah, Tom, they will try to blame this on the guns, rather than the people. You watch.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my God...

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the guns, the people, AND the society.

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a very sad day...

Excuse me, I'm going to be sick...

------------------
Jeff Raven - Having more fun than any human being should be allowed to have

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

In proper order, it's:
1: The people. They chose to do this, and we are all ultimately responsible for our own actions. This is THEIR fault. They planned this, they carried it out, they make the bombs, they pulled the triggers. Nobody MADE them do it.

2: The society. What created these beings? What was their home life really like? They are currently generally believed to have been the "outcasts" of the school. Is this what being shunned can do to people? (my answer: no. I was a social misfit too, and worse, and I've yet to shoot anybody)

3: The guns. They're inanimate objects. They have no say in how they're used. By themselves, they are harmless. Only dangerous in some PERSON'S hands.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Total tally: 25 dead, 20 wounded.

Just horrible..... A moment of silence for the dead. My condolences to the family and friends of the victims.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Literally a second after I made my post, I heard those statistics as rumors...

*mildly depressed*

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got back from a Chrysalis meeting; the preacher talked about it. He was real shakened up. Good sermon; anyway it's in my prayers.

------------------
Anyone remember how they felt the day after Rich Mullins died?

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*silence*

------------------
There are people who one loves immediatly and forever. Just to know that you exist in the same world together is sufficient. Till I loved, I never lived - enough.

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For all the little points of light.....

The little points of light...
We watched them spark, delighted.
We watched them burn, with joy.
Planted them where the harmful wind
Couldn't snuff them out.
Sheltered them, in the dry, cool places.
Preserved them, when we could.
We never thought we'd see them dim.
We never thought they could.

We nourished them with sunlight,
We nourished them with love,
We placed them out, to see them grow,
Against our better judgment.
No shelter there, out in the world.
The angry wind will blow.
We always thought they'd be there,
We never let them know...

We watched them snuff out,
One by one.
We watched them die before us.
Death there shelter now provides,
The world, it cries in chorus.
Helpless, watching lives plucked out.
And this is what they mourn,
No longer do they flicker,
No longer do they burn.

------------------
There are people who one loves immediatly and forever. Just to know that you exist in the same world together is sufficient. Till I loved, I never lived - enough.

[This message was edited by Jubilee McGann on April 20, 1999.]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps