Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » A proposal floated by Saudi Arabia (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: A proposal floated by Saudi Arabia
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In an attempt for peace to occur in Israel, the crown prince of Saudi Arabia offered a proposal. His proposal-Israel will give up territory gained in the 1967 war.

The Israeli government is receptive to the proposal.

The American government says the proposal is sound.

There is no comment from the Palestinians.

Edited by Tom in the name of the spelling gods and for the honour of greyskull

[ February 25, 2002, 13:50: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're going to misspell "Saudi", at least misspell it consistently.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like a fair, reasonable, return-to-the-beginning proposal.

What the combatants (and others in the region) say/do in response will, IMHO, conclusively demonstrate who should be aided, and who should be stomped upon.

But as of yet, I make no predictions on who will fall into which category.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I just say I'm not optimistic, Baldrick?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most cunning foreign policy since that of President Fox McCunning?
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it wasn't the US's idea.
And as I recall, the same proposal was floated a few weeks ago by certain EU parties.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Figures. The EU is the most successful attempt to unify Europe ever. Since Adolf Hitler.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Lee
Member # 393

Great. We say we need more Brits here, we get a Little Englander. They'll take your Pound when thery pry it from your cold rotting fingers, right?

--------------------

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
Great. We say we need more Brits here, we get a Little Englander. They'll take your Pound when thery pry it from your cold rotting fingers, right?

Yep!! I'm British Not Europoean!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The British aren't European?
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must be a new continent.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Lee
Member # 393

*sigh* Don't ask.

--------------------

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, you see we are Europeans and an influencial part of Europe. It's just that some people wish that weren't the case because apparently we have lost way too much sovereignty to Brussels with regard to making our own decisions. If we join the Euro, we'll be further losing our national sovereignty and we can't allow that to happen at all, because everyone knows that we should leave our national sovereignty firmly where it belongs - in Washington. [Smile]

[ March 05, 2002, 14:09: Message edited by: Orion Syndicate ]

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Orion Syndicate:
No, you see we are Europeans and an influencial part of Europe. It's just that some people wish that weren't the case because apparently we have lost way too much sovereignty to Brussels with regard to making our own decisions. If we join the Euro, we'll be further losing our national sovereignty and we can't allow that to happen at all, because everyone knows that we should leave our national sovereignty firmly where it belongs - in Washington. [Smile]

ROFL! Just like with British nukes! Bonn and Brussels will both be smoldering pits of high radioactivity before the UK turns over its sovereignty-ensuring nuclear arsenal to a joint European command. [Big Grin]

Personally, I'm tickled pink by the fact that the EU's actually getting involved in these things. People get tired of Washington this, Washington that, day in and day out.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps