Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » A proposal floated by Saudi Arabia (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: A proposal floated by Saudi Arabia
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, what, I don't get an invitation?

I guess Rob agrees with you guys.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Following on from that unrelated matter, assuming the e-mail address you used to send me the invitation from is still active, you should have received my rather cryptic and inconclusive response by now. If the address is different, mail me back and I'll get back to you.

[ March 08, 2002, 10:47: Message edited by: Orion Syndicate ]

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I suppose I was exaggerating a little bit; the existance of a similarity between two things doesn't mean they will be the same. Interestingly the main difference is that states had the right to secede from the USSR but not in the new EU 'constitution'. I'll type up the article tomorrow. BTW I'm 15 so show some mercy!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Also the equipment incompatibility thing? It may not be insurmountable but it'd be logistically inefficient.

[ March 08, 2002, 12:29: Message edited by: Wraith ]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hardly. All the equipment will be replaced anyway, eventually - all they need do is try to expand the Eurofighter multi-national concept into other categories of military equipment. There's a common NATO cartridge, in theory anyway. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You have the right to break away from the USSR but if you do, we'll fucking well kill you" (made up phrase which could be attributed to any Soviet commander of the time)

Hungary found that one out during their briefly successful uprising in 1956.

...and you are right, logistically the equipment incompatibility would be weird and difficult, but as Lee said earlier, difficult decisions would have to be made. That doesn't make it impossible, just a nightmare trying to compromise all the differing interests into one whole. If it works though, the end result would be worth it. The potential benefits however mean that we have to pursue this.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps