Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Israelis aren't angels either (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Israelis aren't angels either
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who knows what else they have censored

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Palestinian police officers have several times demanded — even threatened — that journalists hand over video cassettes when they have filmed scenes police believe will put the Palestinian uprising in a bad light.
Clearly, censorship is rampant on both sides.

Ripley (Ellen, not Robert) was right.

[ March 27, 2002, 13:07: Message edited by: First of Two ]

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Then, one of the soldiers turns to the camera and says: "I don't know what we're doing here. Purification; apparently it's dirty here. It's not clear to me what a Hebrew soldier is doing so far from home."

Indeed - the untermenschen are being cleansed by the master race. I heard an interview on the BBC with Benjamin Netanyahu in which he specifically referred to the Palestinians as "parasites". It seems as though they've learnt quite a bit of the jingo from their past oppressors. They're obviously not quite as good at the propaganda as a their oppressors once were, but they might get better.

[ March 27, 2002, 14:09: Message edited by: Orion Syndicate ]

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Jews, like the Christians and the Muslims, have a history of prejudice. We just don't see or hear of this prejudice very often.

In the age of the Roman Empire, the Jews wrote the Talmud. This Talmud contains the ancient laws of these people, and gives us a glimpse into the mindset of the political class.

First of all, Jews were very concern about purity. A true Jew was one who had generations of Jewish blood through his mother's bloodline. A person, such as a convert, was considered to be less than a Jew, more than a gentile. Appartently, this process of purification, which was more complicated than described here, succeeded. Scientists can trace the dna history of a Kohen's (priest's) line as far back as three thousand years.

Additionally, these leaders passed a law stipulating that a Jewish child couldn't socialize with a gentrile child for fear of corruption.

IN summation, the Jews are very capable of brutal prejudice and believing in purity.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh, the Jews are human beings? Who would have thought?
colin
Member # 217

The Jews are pictured as victims in history. The unpleasantness of these people is buried under the cult of the victim.

When I convert to Judaism, I will have to contend with this unpleasantness. I am choosing to be a reform Jew for their values are closest to my own. Yet, my decision will bring the scorn of the Orthodox who treat all Reform and Conservative Jews as not-as-whole Jews. It is craziness. I would think with all their misery and pain the Jews would have learned to accept differences in their ranks and be far less prejudicial. I was naive. (shrug)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I am choosing to be a reform Jew for their values are closest to my own."

Erm... Why? If you already have your own values, what possible reason could you have for changing them just to fit those of some group?

colin
Member # 217

I am not changing my personal values. I am saying that I am joining them for they share the same values as I do. One of those values is their acceptance of homosexuals. I am pro-homosexual. I think homosexuality is a natural condition, one given by G-d. If homosexuality is such a bad condition, why would G-d give it freely to his children?
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eh? what?
so playing the devil's advocate for a moment...

You're saying that homosexuality can't be bad because if it was bad, God wouldn't have given it naturally to his children?

By that same argument, Down's syndrome, diabetes, asthma, or any number of genetic problems can't be "bad", because if they were bad...they wouldn't have been given freely to God's children.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my opinion, religion is just something someone invented to try to explain why we were here on earth. and in doing so made himself look like he's some kind of enlightened one,or something. that's just my opinion. I don't force my beliefs on others like those religious extremists do. cause if i did i'd be no better.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is your 'o' key broken?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...G-d..."

Ye gods, not that! That hs to be the most annoying mangling of a silly ancient tradition I've ever seen...

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we all know His name is Yahoo-Wahoo!

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God is a search engine?!

I find it interesting that someone should choose to convert to a religion because they share the same values as you. I would have thought that believing in their precepts - their God, or Gods, or whatever - would come first. Sure it's nice to meet people who feel the same way as you about the world, but I wouldn't want to become just like them because of that. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Ye gods, not that! That hs to be the most annoying mangling of a silly ancient tradition I've ever seen..."

What tradition is it? And is it the same one that makes you type (completely non-annoyingly in any way) "Jebus"?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps