Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Repeal the 2nd Ammendment (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Repeal the 2nd Ammendment
Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh come on, you people.
A mere 15+ lives were lost in this school shooting. That amount of people die, what, every day Elsewhere due to other causes? What attention do we give those deaths? And what about the situation in Kosovo? Yes, the situation CNN and all the other news sources have practically stopped providing coverage on. 15 deaths occur there daily! But the American public has all but forgotten about it; it was "Last Month's Flavour of the Month". Well, I hope I haven't offended anyone here.

��Cody��

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, a cavalier attitude like that is just the way to end the culture of violence in the US.
Damn, people die all the time. Oh well, 15 people were just blown away just down the street from me.
Time to move on and increase my personal weapons cache.

Offened, no. Saddened, yes.

------------------
To make an apple pie from scratch, we must first invent the universe.

~Carl Sagan

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take part of that back. Disease did most of the killing right up until the 1700s...Then delibrate killing started to occur after that.

------------------
Jeff Raven - Having more fun than any human being should be allowed to have

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff Raven:
I believe you have missed my point about the native americans. The native americans were among the first to experience ethnic cleansing. Ethnic cleansing is not done in intermarriage or assimilation. Both carry some aspect of the culture forward. Witness the Catholic rituals in Mexico-a little native american, a little Spanish.
We are one of the most violent countries in the world. To cite an example-5 of the 10 most dangerous cites in the world are in the US (a report published last year).

Not every person is violent. My mother is not violent, Mother Teresa was not violent. Either you are aware that you are violent or you are not aware.

As for the war in Kosovo, the war is lost. The leaders couldn't agree on a single policy-Clausewitz strategy, Powell strategy (after General Colin Powell-ex. Gulf War), parallel war. I don't blame Pres. Clinton, though I do believe he has hurt Vice Pre. Gore.

However, I will say this about my country. I am happy that we have moved past the days when blacks were rounded up, burned alive, and the white spectators took the charred skin home as a souvenor. Compared to this, the Colorada shootings are a minor act of violence.

IP: Logged
Blondie
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, naturally there are guns and murders in other countries, but we cannot deny that America has a serious problem...in Europe where there are stricter gun laws there are less killings...in a few years back America had 10,000 deaths from handguns, and seeing as how France is about one fifth the size they should have about 2,000, then, but they only had 10 deaths from handguns. But, handguns aren't the only problem, certainly. I still believe that the problem lies in the fact that America doesn't have the community cohesion that other nations like in Europe have and people are more isolated and perhaps aren't raised as much to care about the lives of those within their community...that's where we should reform.

------------------
"I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur, I see a big light blur."
*laughs*

IP: Logged
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my my my my.....I'm glad this is the flame board.

First of all, ethnic cleansing has been going on since the dawn of civilization. Read Genesis 34. Complete and utter destruction of a tribe. does that not count as genecide?

Second, People, as a society, are violent. I did not say individuals. Any socialogist will tell you that people act quite differently in groups than by themselves.

Third, the atrocities of Europeans vs. Native Americans are no worse than the Germans vs. the Jews, or even Stalin vs. his own people. I think I've proved my point.

------------------

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

Blondie: Good point. US does lack community cohesion, which was one of my earlier points. We're so diverse, we can barely stick together without falling apart.

------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*notices this thread has cracked that other glass seiling, the 50 (loooong) posts limit.*

*whistles for the nearest padlock*
Here, boy... Here, boy....

*opens another thread*

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*closes*

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps