Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » World War 3? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: World War 3?
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmm, no the Air Force, Navy, and Army Aviation was doing the blowing up/friendly fire (truly odd expression), I will see if I can get the info and link about the M-1 that got stuck in a wadi, the units had to move on and higher-higher ordered them to blow it inplace. They fired three times.

M-1s are designed with blowout panels, so if/when the ammo in the turret gets hit it blows out away from the crew, then the shape of the inside is supposed to deflect rounds back out. It oddly enough work as advertised on TV....

I will also see if I can find the link on the fit people through about the sellnig of M-1s to Egypt, most of the bells and whistles were there, not much of the computer and fire control systems, but that doesn't matter when a Merkava gets one in its sights, hits, and nothing much happens.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Don't let any Marines hear you say that Snayer.
Well, when they start beating me up, I tell them they heard me wrong and I said the Navy was part of the Department of the Marine Corps. Then they giggle, slap me on the back, buy me a beer, and break my nose.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incidently, the president of Venezuela has just recently been deposed by a military coup.

Even more incidently, Google's "I'm Feeling Lucky" for "Venezuela" sends you to a Venezuelan site selling X-Boxes. (Among other things, presumably.)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, regardless of what they may like to think, the Marine Corps is a division of the Navy. Just like the early incarnation of the the Air Force was a division of the Army.
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Correction

Last major Israeli War was the Yom Kippur War of 1973. The Six Day War was in 1967.

I am frankly surprised that no one caught this blaring error. [Eek!]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at least you didn't start a new thread about it, TE. [Big Grin]

[ April 13, 2002, 08:04: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snayer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good war is a short one....

Yom Kippur
Started Oct 6, 1973
21 Oct, 1973 Israeli forces surrounded the Egyptian forces, on the Egyptian side of the Suez Canal
25 Oct, 1973 U.S. pressures Israel in to accepting cease fire, this happens when the U.S.S.R. threatens to intervene....

Too long.....

--------------------

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you really shouldn't put complete faith in the Abram like that, Ritten. It's a good tank, no doubt about it, but there are many tanks just as good out there, better in some areas. It's just that because they weren't American and blazing trails through Iraq, they didn't receive as much public attention.

I already know about the M1 that got stuck in the wadi, it was mentioned in Tom Clancy's Armor Cav.

Blow-out panels are like an industry standard in modern tanks, anyways. So are computerized fire controls, composite armor, and DU/tungsten penetrators. There are tanks that are much more innovative than the Abram in service.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Yeah, this is true.... It just has a special place in my heart..... They had to use one as an ambulance for me when I was in the Army, Medivacs couldn't get in through the trees.....

So I am, highly, biased towards it.....

--------------------

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh... no one realized it was a joke. I guess I should have said the SEALS

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

I got my club...... for the seals......
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saskatchewan seals?

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got anything good against 'snow weasels'?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incidentally, the president of Venezuela appears to be back in office now.
http://www.msnbc.com/news/735910.asp

[ April 15, 2002, 14:19: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps