Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Look before you shoot (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Look before you shoot
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To American service men out there, If you see a Canadian Flag don't fire on them. 4 dead is enough.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We, sincerly appologize......
Mistakes do happen...........

or.........

That is for turning all of you statements in to questions..... eh?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... What?
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You too can join the fight against ignorance!

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why am I not surprised?

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting that this was on neither cnn.com nor msnbc.com when I checked them before saying "Erm... What?". But, then, I suppose the other thread already covers that, now.

And there are Canadians in Afghanistan? I didn't know that. I thought the US military invaded the country all by itself.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, well, we would have been, but we took the Canadian ambassador hostage, and well, you get the picture.....
BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And there are Canadians in Afghanistan? I didn't know that. I thought the US military invaded the country all by itself.
I don't know if this was brought to discussion on other threads, but I always thought while fighting terrorism is good, the military operation that's taking place in Afganistan is actually illegal and could be interpret as a invasion on the part of the American...

If that's true, how come no one's is or was saying anything to stop it?

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possibly, and I say this only tenetively, because it isn't?
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, 1: it's an international force, 2: an illegitimate/criminal regime was toppled, and 3: a legal government (which supports the action) was set up. i don't see any problems.

--jacob

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Well, I still call it an invasion.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:

Yep, and Brits. The Royal Marines are doing a lot of the fighting now.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

For most of the larger actions the US Gov't does try to gain partners in crime, smaller ones, Panama and the like, they will do without others.... Call them live fire training exercises....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The tally as far as I can remember:
American Death Toll
23 killed in accidents
10 killed by the enemy
3 killed by friendly fire

Many of those accidents were associated with a type of helicopter.

Frankly, I am dismayed. We are told that our military is the best. We are told the military equipment is the best. If true, why do we have so many dying from accidents? If true, why can't we do better at hitting targets or identifying targets before hitting said targets?

I remember an event from WWII where hundreds of American servicemen were killed in Europe when bombers bombed them inadvertently. We seem to have a long history of hitting our side, especially from the air.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]

Colin, just because something is the best doesn't mean there aren't accidents. Machines fail. Sometimes because they get shot up. Sometimes in the confusion of combat.

It happens.

It doesn't mean it's not the "best" ... it means its not perfect.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps