Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Look before you shoot (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Look before you shoot
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually ,while the US military is the best equipped in the world, its training is often a shambles and they're not exactly the most professional ever...

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as accidents go you need to look at the numbers of helicopters in use, thousands.....
Helicopters are very complex machines, prone to accidents just by the sheer number of moving parts...

I am looking for the International Institute of Strategic Studies, which publishes a great reference on all militaries information, based on a great many sources. The Air Force used to print NATOs info for their yearly almanac..... They may again, but they stopped in the mid 80's....

http://www.iiss.org/scripts/index.asp

[ April 21, 2002, 09:09: Message edited by: Ritten ]

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dad's a fixed-wing aircraft pilot and he tells me he'll never set foot in a helicopter if he had a choice, he reckons the things shouldnt be allowed to fly!

Buzz

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My uncle flies Rotorcraft, and he's a silly insane bastard who smells very badly.

But, I'm sure he'd have smarmy things to say about planes. But I don't know for sure. So, don't quote me or anything.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...don't quote me or anything."
-U//Magnus, 3. May 2002

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are a saucy lad.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps