Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Damnit! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Damnit!
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's "Schizophrenic."

There are 4 types, Simple, Acute, Catatonic, Paranoid.

Here's something fun: I play in a Vampire: The Role-Playing Game. My Human character was recently bitten and made into a Malkavian-breed Vampire (they're a clan, all of whom are or become insane when bit). My new ailment is Simple Schizophrenia.
My father, who teaches high-school psychology, gave me a textbook detailing the symptoms of this disease, so I could research role-playing it.
Turns out I didn't need the book. All I have to do is play a heightened version of myself.
As I was reading the book, I realized that, to a lesser degree, I EXHIBIT ALL THE SYMPTOMS!!!

AIIIIIIIIGHHHHHH!!!!!!

BTW, simple schizophrenics mostly just want to be left alone and go along in their happy little detatched-from-reality world, and are rarely a threat to anybody.

And my dad says I'm not crazy. Quite.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then I would also be a simple... Hm.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*just sighs*

------------------
"Telling the truth was his death sentence" - Maria Theresa Tula

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not an ungrateful bitch. Sorry, but I'm not.. insensitive, maybe... blunt, yes. Especially at certain times when I'm in certain moods... much like the one I'm in now, and the one I HAVE been in for several weeks...

I'd apologize for what I said yesterday, but I see no reason to right now... I felt like something needed to be said, so I said it... welcome to the world of having an open and honest relationship with your friends... sometimes you don't like what they say. Sometimes it HURTS! And you know what though? You need to get over it and work through it somehow... posting on the flameboard where you KNOW she'll see it and calling names is NOT the way to do it. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Think about it.

~LOA

------------------
Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives......

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I don't understand, is this was unprovoked by Charles. Did LOA loose it? Did someone pay her $$$ to make Charles more mad than I've ever seen him? Me confoosled. :-P

------------------
post by ��Cody�� the Insane One :-)

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What needed to be said? (Don't answer this, it's rhetorical.) What needed to be said by a friend to a friend that would cause this kind of reaction!? (Again, rhetorical.) Nothing that I can think of.

------------------

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cody... no offense, because I love you to pieces, but please... stay out of it... this does NOT involve anyone other than Charles and I, and it should never have made it to the Forums...

And how did you get here anyway? I didn't think you were into this type of thing.... (the Forums, I mean)

Anyway, so that everyone knows, this is between Charles and I an no one else, and we will deal with it between the two of us, okay? Charles has made me pretty pissed off before, too, and we get through it....

We'll deal with it on our own time, rather than yours, okay? Thanks...

~LOA

------------------
Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives......

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*whistles for the padlock*
it would be much obliged.

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

LOA (Responding section-by-section):

It made it to the forums because Charles was worrying at least a few people and bemusing alot of people. Stuff like how he reacted.......needs to be explained, to the curious public. Which it was done. But I agree with Jeff Raven.....the explaination has been given; let it rest.

Forums are my thing now......*LOL* I drift between interests. First it was the chat......then Quake II.....probably now, the Forums. :-)

------------------

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Liz, I only posted this as an explanation as to why my ICQ was Occupied for 12 hours last night. I never thought you'd see it. I thought you were supposed to be offline.

The reason what you said hurt so damned much is simple... For EIGHT YEARS, the lawyers and doctors said nothing was wrong with me. For eight years they covered up tests and miswrote records to make it look like that was the case. For eight years I lived in ridicule. Then we found competent doctors.

I have a learning disability, Liz. Just because I managed to learn HTML and perl, it doesn't mean STUDYING did any good. Liz, it took me TWO YEARS to learn HTML, and it's taken me nearly a year to get this much perl.

When you so arrogantly assumed that because I DID learn HTML and I DID learn perl, I was using the so-called disability as a crutch, you just managed to group yourself with the lawyers and doctors. You managed to piss me off enough to ponder just leaving the net.

I have NEVER used my problems like that, Liz. I have NEVER used them as an excuse. I've tried like hell to get through school. But when I say STUDYING DOES ME NO GOOD, I mean it. It only gets me tense.

You've effectively stabbed me in the back, Liz. Forgiving you is not going to be easy. If I'm ever online in your ICQ again, feel lucky.

You've made me feel like shit, Liz. Frankly, an hour before the test starts, this is not what I need.

Thank you ever so much for putting me in this mood. In the unlikely event you want to apologize, you know my email address.

Then again, I doubt you'll bother. Apparently all the caring I've tried to give you doesn't matter anymore.

This thread is locked.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps