Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Catholics??? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Catholics???
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read in the paper today about how only 'serial' pedophiles are to be turned over to authorities, others will be handled internally.....

So the pope and his cardinals decided that a once in awhile molesting was okay, just transfer the priest....

What were they thinking....

Here is the Yahoo story Yahoo?

When I find the the article I will post a link or reprint of it....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, poor Catholic church. Doesn't have enough priests. Boo-hoo. And thank luck that the priest at my church wasn't into that kind of shit (and if he was, thank luck he didn't like me)!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff: If you define "lucky" as having one of the 99% of priests that don't molest little boys rather than the 1% that do, I suggest you steer clear of Vegas.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always call it lucky to avoid bad people, The_Tom, even when they occupy small percentages of the population. I'm not one of those "it always happens to other people" people. [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, in that case you should feel lucky you woke up this morning and weren't knifed on the way out the door.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surely the scariest topic heading ever, especially with the 3 question marks.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

The_Tom, I feel lucky everyday that I get home in one-piece and haven't been the victim of a senseless crime or something. Don't you? I mean, I get home safe and sound and think "Gosh, I hope everyday goes this well."

But, since I don't believe in God, I thank luck instead. I suppose I could thank you, but what for?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He could be hoping that you do make it home everyday in one piece....

That seems worth a thanks....

but somehow I doubt it....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, if he is, then I'll thank Thank for his support. [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One must, of course, remember that the majority of us do NOT live in Baltimore, one of the highest crime districts in the known universe.

[ April 27, 2002, 19:50: Message edited by: Omega ]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I mean, I get home safe and sound and think "Gosh, I hope everyday goes this well."

Gee wiz Jeff, those sure are some moving words. Right now I'm thinking about how lucky I am that my fingers haven't broken while typing this message, and about how lucky I am that you seem to have turned into one of the Waltons.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Hee-hee.

quote:
Q: "So, if the US Code didn't outlaw incest, you'd have no problem w/ it, ignoring the Leviticus laws?"

A: "You haven't seen my cousins. :-)"

Omega, you live in Tennessee, which must have the world's record number of inbred rednecks in the southeast United States. If I lived there, I'd wake up every day thanking whoever that I wasn't your cousins and that mom & dad donn't call each other "brother" and "sister".

And I don't actually live IN Baltimore. I live north of Baltimore, in a very safe community. And Baltimore's crime-rates have been decreasing, thanks to an effective liberal mayor who replaced a not-so effective liberal mayor. I'd also wonder about anyone who isn't thankful that they got through the day okay -- I mean, do you think to yourself "dammit, I really wanted to get into a fender-bender today, or get shot in the head. Gosh blast it all to frell."

I'm not saying I give it any more then a passing thought (if that), but I'm certainly happy to get home in the same condition that I left (maybe less fresh, but, hey).

[ April 27, 2002, 22:41: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snayer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Good [G][g]od Jeff, is there any stopping you? What's next, a post about the supremacy of Bill Clinton's wang over Bush's in a discussion of Type VIII phasers and the Sequoia-class development project?

--------------------

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for the record, Bill has a bigger wang than Bush. I heard it on CNN this morning, inbetween those wonderful stories on the Nevada shootings.
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot the reason I even posted to this topic...wanted to quote "Dogma"

"Leave it to the Catholics to destroy existence."

(funnier if you say it in your brain-tongue like Salma Hayek, with her sloppy mixed accent)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps