Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Catholics??? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Catholics???
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
177 priests in 28 states have been relieved of duty, so to speak... The AP report cited on four states, Arkansas, Tennessee, Utah and Wyoming, where nothing has happened....

The other 18 states haven't taken the accused off duty....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live a stone's throw away from Trenton. Trenton should be nuked then gated off so no one can get in. In my school, there is at least one fight a day. At least one time a day, I get a hair's width close from punching someone's nose in. That school is 50/50 of whites and blacks. I am not syaing thats bad, but 60% of thoese blacks and roughtly 10% of the whites come from Trenton. All of them have a fucking baseball bat up their asses.

I am lucky that I am not expelled from fighting.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't have any political aspirations do you, Matrix? There's part of me that really hopes you are kidding and there's part of me that thinks that I'm probably better off never knowing.

Say I have a question to ensure deeper quagmire (albeit not neccesarily along party lines): Why do you suppose that these preists are more susceptible to this type of behaviour?

I have my own theories, but I'd be interested in hearing some of yours.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there have been several scandals of this type in Ireland, which is predominantly Catholic, in the past and it seems pretty obvious that the lifestyle of Catholic priests is to blame. I would imagine that celebacy has something to do with it. And with altar boys being a part of Catholic religious ceremonies, the opportunities for abuse are many. Whether the lifestyle of a priest facilitates the development of paedophilia, or paedophiles are attracted to the priesthood, there's definitely a problem.

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if the celibacy were the problem, why would it result in pedophilia? I would first expect to find a lot more activity on the Man (of the Cloth) Train...
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though it's hardly likely to come out and say it, I think the Church would agree with Tim. Er, well, sort of, you know. It hardly stands to reason that celibacy breeds pedophilia, as opposed to any other number of sexual releases.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, another one was accused.....

I don't think it is a thing that happens to them, I agree with the position attracting the type....

To think, this could have started with one pedophile priest and created a chain reaction......

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you saying they caugh paedo-cooties?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the children are the carriers. Once they get in Confessional, the virii spread.

Although, you know, some Alter Boys are pretty hot. WHEN THEY CATCH ON FIRE FROM THE ALTAR CANDLES!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad you're back, UM [Smile]
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If someone would make some jokes about a priest with less than normal intellect, we'd almost have a Father Ted episode.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feck.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arse!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps