Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Holy F*CK! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Holy F*CK!
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You know, you guys have some pretty f'ed up protesters...

I guess they could do it the good old American way
BLOW SOMETHING UP.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/05/06/mailbox.pipebombs/index.html

Then leave a cryptic message

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/05/03/pipebomb.letter/index.html

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I guess they could do it the good old American way
BLOW SOMETHING UP.

Actually I believe that's the good old Irish way...

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the guy they're seeking in the US is a 22-year-old college student.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/747431.asp?pne=msn

Assuming it's him, it will be interesting to hear his political motivation, and discover what end of the spectrum he supports.

I myself suspect we're seeing an alarming rise in left-wing violence. But I could be wrong.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
left-wing violence
You base this on what? That he's a college student?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the letter he just sounds like some derranged nut.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the guy probably *is* a left-winger. From what I've heard about this, he was against the Bush-government, which is right-wing after all. But I've heard also speculation that extreme-right might be behind these actions.

About the connection between Fortuyn and the 'eco-terrorist': Fortuyn was known to be sceptical about a variety of environmental issues. He said we wasn't worried about about pollution, global warming etc.

--------------------
Signature.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His rambling letter is reminiscent of some ultra-left-wingers I knew (present company not exactly included.) That's why I presupposed it.

It is also strongly reminiscent of some idiot anarchists I knew. Anarchy tends to be espoused as a workable system by people whose beliefs actually tend more towards leftism than rightism, almost as much as Communism is espoused by those same people, once they figure out what really happens in anarchy.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:
Anarchy tends to be espoused as a workable system by people whose beliefs actually tend more towards leftism than rightism, almost as much as Communism is espoused by those same people, once they figure out what really happens in anarchy.

This coming from Mr. The Government Is Evil and must exercise no control over the individual?

There are two rather distinct brands of anarchism: The throwing rocks at Starbucks sort from Seattle, and the shooting police officers kind from Montana.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That duality seems to me to be a bit of a disservice to the philosophy of anarchism which is, I suspect, a bit more complex than that.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides, we all know that the good old American way to protest is to create very boring threads on the internet and then ignore people who have opposing viewpoints in said threads.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

quote:
This coming from Mr. The Government Is Evil and must exercise no control over the individual?
I love you. You're so funny.

I've never, EVER said that. I have never called government worse than a necessary evil (certain PEOPLE who govern, that's a different story.) Nor will I. Your extremist position naturally forces you to believe that because I take an opposing position, mine must necessarily be as extreme as yours. [Razz]

If you want my opinion in a little sound-bite form, here you go:

"A little government, a little faith, and a little luck are all needed to survive. But only a fool puts all his trust in any of them."

[ May 07, 2002, 18:09: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blah Blah Blah.

Liberal this, liberal that.

You hear that those people over there are blaming the Liberal Media for Fortyn's death?

Blah Blah Blah.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The liberal media? Yeah.. you know who else had a hand in this? The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians and the American Civil Liberties Union. I point the finger and say 'you helped this happen.'

Blah blah blah

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't forget salacious crumb. he's as bad as any of them.
IP: Logged
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But... you know.. if I were an evil Eco Terrorist... I would've killed someone a bit more involved with bio-industry. Fortuyn wasn't even very interested in the environmental issues. His party was even working on some pro-environment things (I don't recall what).

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps