Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Why stupid people should be rendered infertile

Author Topic: Why stupid people should be rendered infertile
Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so i'm sitting at a meeting for the Literary Society at my college, and we're organizing the poetry slam that's coming up. I mention that there's some good poetry I found on a website, and one of the other members pulls out a laptop with a modem. Great, i'm thinking, we can go and look at it... well, the girl plugs it in, and and the modem won't connect. Being the only person with knowledge of computers, I sit down and try to fix the problem. It is shortly brought to my attention that the modem can't connect because there is no dial tone: in essence, the damn thing wasn't plugged in. So I ask the girl, "the modem is plugged in, right?"
And the girl points towards the wall and says "I plugged it into the phone jack over there..."

So I go to inspect the phone jack, to see if that's where the problem is, only to discovere that she's tried to plug the modem into ...

THE THERMOMETER!

*shakes her head*

------------------
Ring this little golden bell
And see what changes with it's knell
Or Wonder, till it drives you mad...
What would have happened if you HAD.

StationMaster
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for StationMaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My god - that should be a tech support tale.....

Nearly as good as the cat on the keyboard one.......

------------------
---- AAARRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!----

I feel better now.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*wonders what kind of thermometers can be mistaken as phone jacks*

Someone help me understand it?

------------------
Early bird catches the gagh. (The Doctor to B'Elanna at 06:00, "Drone")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm, a thermostat mistaken for a phone jack? Please excuse me while I try to figure this one out.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My college had just remodled this area, it's one of those that is kept at a certain temperature, and the thermometers are there to detect a change so that the system can correct it. Anyways, the thermomter DOES SLIGHTLY look like a phone jack, although how she got the phone cord plugged into it, i'll never figure out... *shakes her head* ...

------------------
There are people who one loves immediatly and forever. Just to know that you exist in the same world together is sufficient. Till I loved, I never lived - enough.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh! It's one of those thermostats.

*thinks for a moment*

If she got a phone cord plugged into it she either ruined her cord, or she really mucked up the thermostat.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't be too hasty folks! If the stupid people don't breed, who will we dominate?

------------------
Don't call me a Yank.
I prefer to be referred to as a "Pull with a Sudden Movement".

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easy, we dominate Frank.

------------------
'Saying it in a stacato voice doesn't make it any more true'
-Stewart Lee

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah? *grabs gun*

Er, does anyone have any ammo that fits a...oh, wait, this is a carpet-sweeper.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Megatron: "Waspinator, salvage Inferno."
Waspinator: "Inferno blow up, Waspinator must salvage. Waspinator blow up, nobody salvage. Why universe hate Waspinator?"

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LMAO*

I wish I had read this before I posted my own thread...hehehe...

Jubes, I deal with these people EVERY SINGLE DAY. I have the funnest job in the whole wide world! (Cue the men in the white suits...)

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LOL*

Actually, there's no chance to ever dominate the stupid because stupidity always rules. Listen to racist/sexist/chauvinist or just plain dumb talking of most people in the streets, listen to the pointless blurb of politicians, watch an average TV show, surf the internet and see homepages with two or more typos per line, read the consumer notices (not Baloo's, the real ones), get piercings and breast implants...

The really bad thing about it is that some day one becomes accustomed to it.

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
post by ��Cody�� the Insane One :-)

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is truly moronic...

------------------
'Sir, you've been ordered not to take Polermo'

'Ring General HQ, ask them if they want me to give it back'.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps