Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » This is even stupider. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: This is even stupider.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Senseless, even.

Sad.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She had serious mental issues.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's even more horrible is how they make "Planned her death meticulously" stand out.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And people wonder why I want to destroy the world.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So that you can rob all the banks and no-one will be able to stop you. But your plan will be foiled, because everyone will be dead the money will be WORTHLESS, you FOOL!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was that supposed to be a funny remark, DT? 'Cause I sure as hell ain't laughing.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not funny, but proper.....
The Defiant
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It kinda makes you wonder if they make this stuff up.

quote:
She had serious mental issues
Exactly.

[ May 22, 2002, 17:00: Message edited by: The Defiant ]

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Bold newbie ...

[Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is suicide so often associated with mental issues? She could have been in perfect mental health and still wanted to do it.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's generally held that the desire to end one's life is in and of itself indicative of an absence of "perfect mental health."

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, really? I'm sure victims of neck-down paralysation would disagree with you.

Extremely arrogant to assume that anyone who wishes to end his/her life *must* be mentally unstable...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But if they want to kill themselves over their math homework? I think that makes one pretty weel screwed-up in the head.

Well, at least we know the US isn't the only country w/ this kind of shit going on...

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then you should look at the Asian countries with higher rates of suicide due to stupid things. I remember a time where the pressure from my family to succeed at all costs drove me to jump off a building's roof. Maybe she's experienced something similar.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The concept of destroying oneself is against nature, and so it's guarded by many safeguards in the human psyche.
Many people who think they are suicidal are merely experiencing sadness and self-pity, and so the feelings of suicide are halted and taken up in the consciousness, to be dramatized and experienced.
The ones that REALLY do it seldom think about it long, it just passes through.

I read Sierra Leone had the highest suicide rate in the world as of 2002, the conditions there are very beneficial towards that end.

If I'm sounding blunt it's because I've studied it in school and talked about it a lot with my former therapist, it's not disillusionment, just frankness.

Compared to not existing, even cleaning the filth of your hospitalized, senile father/mother is paradise, because life is the only thing you get for free, and your body. It's being in the game.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps