Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Executing the mentally retarded ... (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Executing the mentally retarded ...
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a need to have everything perfect Snay? Is it life threatening in any way to your surivial?

Besides either way or another, CC will contact will shortly and it will prove my point, that I will make soon.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
For awhile I have been making small mental notes on how everyone types, and your mannerisms.
Here's a hint... most of us type as though we passed third-grade english.

Most of us also read what we've typed before we press "Add Reply" to make sure that it bears some resemblance to human speech patterns.

Most of us, upon completing that review, if we notice that words are missing, extraneously added, misspelled, or used in an incomprehensible way, change the post.

Here's an example:
quote:
CC will contact will shortly
Who is this "Will" that CC will contact shortly? Most of us would have deleted the 2nd 'will,' because leaving it in makes no sense.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't matter Snay, you get the drift. Regardless of my horrible typing or not.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
Doesn't matter Snay, you get the drift. Regardless of my horrible typing or not.

Now, not being a "regular," I try to stay on the sidelines of any arguments amongst them. However, as an "objective" observer, I must step in and say Matrix, the post you believe Snay got the drift of is, at least to me, incomprehensible. Mind you, I think the criticism of your typing skills (or lack thereof) is old and overdone, and one can often interpret the intended meaning of your posts, however, the post you are referring to in the above quote makes absolutely no sense. But that is just my opinion, as an "objective" observer.

As for the original topic, I still believe the justice system was established to serve the ideal of its name and not to serve only as an instrument of punishment and vengeance. If the point of the system is only to hurt people who hurt other persons/people, why have a system at all? Individuals could take care of exacting revenge themselves (saving the government a lot of money). In fact, I might prefer such a system, because then those of us who do not subscribe to Old Testament, stone-age notions of "justice," and hope we would not succumb to the desire for vengeance when hurt, would be able to show mercy to those who hurt us.

I guess I just want to believe the justice system is based on more than the basest of human emotions. And, having that belief, I do not think it is "liberals" who want to reform criminals who are perverting the justice system; the true perversion lies with those who think some of their fellow men are garbage, and want every man who has killed another killed himself.

Lastly, and I wish I did not have to point this out, my beliefs do not mean I want a psycopath roaming the streets. Those who are "beyond repair" should be "locked up," for everyone's safety. (Of course, if a person is truly psycologically "wired" to kill, should he be killed just because he himself is an uncontrolable killer? Would not segregating him from society for the rest of his life take care of safety and security concerns? And should such segregation be unpleasant? After all, most psycopaths probably did not desire their condition.) However, is a person involved in a drunken barroom brawl resulting in another person's death beyond reforming? Is it not possible he made a mistake, albeit a terrible, tragic one, and could learn from said mistake, "pay his debt to society" (and the "victims"), and resume a normal, productive life?

[Also, none of my words were written as a personal attack on another poster. I have very strong beliefs, and I might vehemently disagree with you, but that does not mean I do not respect you. Thus, if you see any phrases and/or words lifted from your posts, understand, please, that I am "attacking" your idea, not you, your intelligence, etc. (many intelligent people have stupid beliefs/ideas [Wink] )]

[ June 27, 2002, 16:16: Message edited by: Raw Cadet ]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
For awhile I have been making small mental notes on how everyone types, and your mannerisms. Unfortunately, because of the rather lack of in person exposure one could get from typing back and forth through the internet, it's harder to read soemone's personality than in person. Because in person you are there, all your flaws, all your habits is wide open for all to see. You can see the way the person stands, listen to the way the person talks, watch how they walk, how they write, how well they can talk if in a hurry, if they look you in the eyes or not and so forth.

Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. GO OUTSIDE! I have never been more scared in my entire life. Not because Matrix knows what shoes I wear with his incredible psychology prowess, but because. Just because.

Sad little man.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oo!! OOO oo oo!! TELL me! Tellmetellmetellme!! I LOVE these things because I'm always curious to see how close or how far they are from accurate.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps