Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » :( (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: :(
Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, now certain peoples may delete this or feel that I am dragging this way too far, but I don't really care.

Okay, let's say that one day, you happen to be really, really happy for once, and decide to talk to some people on ICQ that you don't usually speak to.

You talk to a few ppls and move onto one person that just went into Online Mode. You think "Hmm...I know I shouldn't, but what the Hell..." and you message him with a simple message meant to start a semi-conversation.

And, to your great surprise (*sarcasm*), the person claims to be too busy to talk to you.

Normally, this wouldn't have bugged you, because this person always does this. But today, for some reason, it really makes you angry/upset. You might say, "Oh, COME ON! Are you so unstable that one person pushing you out of the way so they can work makes you upset?!"

My response would be "Of course."

After you get the person's message, you send a reply along the lines of "Sorry....*leaves you alone*" and return to your usual ICQ conversations to talk about this and try to regain a bit of that natural high you had before.

Okay, so after all this, you feel better (thanks to your great friends ) and get up the courage to actually stand up to the person(s) that are always pushing you out of the way.

You send a somewhat antagonistic message to the person(s) and get back a response claiming that they were too busy, and were messaging with 10 other people at the time.

Hmm...lemme think...is it believable that every time you try to talk to this person that they claim to be busy? I think not.

So, so sum it up, I'm pissed and somewhat hurt that my friendly attempts to get this person/these people to talk to me and possibly see me as a friend were constantly ignored.

Go ahead. Make your excuses and apologies. I'm too damn tired of it at the moment to really care.

------------------
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everybody is not against you. Other people have other lives. Yes granted people that are too busy to talk should either be offline or invisible, but they don't have to be--freedom and all. But honestly, relax a little. It doesn't matter.

------------------
What do you mean I'm not kind. Just not you're kind.
--Dave Mustaine
"Peace Sells"
MEGADETH

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the record, I am the person Josh is refering to.

I am 100% sure that every single person who ICQs me on a regular basis will vouch for the fact that I am busy as hell 99.9% of the time, programming, talking, or maybe even doing homework.

I haven't really kicked back and RELAXED in about 6 months.

Perhaps you should live my life before making rash assumptions about me.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*grumblegroulsnarl* *ahem*
First off: He's mostly, usually, invisible, offline, occupied or away ... which gives a pretty accurate picture of the type of life he lives. I'm not saying Josh doesn't have a point. I've messaged Charles at an off time and gotten my head bitten off more than once and gotten pissed off at that. .... but, well, perhaps we should take a reality check and find out wether or not we should be pissed enough to post a forum message about it.

Secondly *to Charles*:
TAKE.
A.
VACATION.
Perhaps if you were not constantly SO busy, you wouldn't snap at people who try to message you just because they're your friends. Not saying that you meant to, and trying very hard not to criticize .... but when was the last time you had an in-depth conversation with any of your OL friends? ... We're here, and we miss you. (Well, most of us do, anyway *GRIN*)

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This forum is meant for pissed off messages typed up hastily while you sit in the darkness and growl at the world outside your window.

For instance, I'm going to take this time to whine about how hard it is to play the guitar. Take THAT Radiohead. I'd tune it, only my piano is probably a full half octive flat. Besides, does little good to tune it when I can't even strum a good C chord. Practice, practice, blah blah blah. But the thing just doesn't sound right. Yes, yes, it's probably my fault. Of course, it's hard to be a rock star when you're only capable of atonal wailing.

There, see how easy that was? Sure, that was an outpouring of raging self-hatred, but you can improvise.

------------------
"The record of my unspeakable crimes, in previous lives, in previous times, indelibly stains the pages of history."
--
They Might Be Giants

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My vacation starts on June 11, 1999, when I graduate from high school.

I cannot afford to take one until then.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Jubilee
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jezus, why not?

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so I was an itiot for posting this.

I apologize

Delete this or something and I'll go back to...well...whatever I was doing before I posted this junk.

@ Me

------------------
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

Jamaharon
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now there's the Josh and Charles I remember! Same old bunch! :-) (That was a compliment). Nice to see y'all are going great. The joint's electric!

Josh: email me so I can catch up!

Hell... everyone email me. I'm 6 months behind!

------------------
Jamaharon
(aka Chris Weyer)
"Must we belch? They think!"

IP: Logged
Jubilee
Member # 99

How's about you tell me who you are, and then i'll consider emailing you? Deal? I thought so. *grin*

------------------
And if Columbus had never set sail, would the Earth still be flat?

Jamaharon
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jubilee,

I'm Chris, an old member of these very same forums since the Fall of 1997. I see you're new here, and I'm glad to meet you. See ya later!

------------------
Jamaharon
(aka Chris Weyer)
"Must we belch? They think!"

IP: Logged
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, as good a place as any.

Jubilee, do you know some of these guys out of the forums? Just curious?

And with that comment by Chris, he does seem to have mellowed in his old age.

Come on CC, you can afford to take a weekend of SOMEWHERE. Go out. Talk to people. Have fun. Complain that there aren't any good places to go near where you live. But lots of illegal but fun mind-altering drugs. Stand in the middle of town shouting that Robin Williams isn't funny.
Chill.

------------------
'It's okay to only know three chords but God, put them in the right order'
-Hank Hill

Jubilee
Member # 99

Nice to meet you Chris. *shakes hand*

Liam: YUP yup! .. Alot of the administrators are my buds online, and alot of the posters are, too. Charles sorta had me look at forums before they were posted to the point where I just had to come and see what the uproar is about ..... and I've found that it is good. (obviously, i've probably posted over 20 times already).

Charles: You CAN afford to take a vacation, you just choose not to. And I offically say that the day you do, we're declaring it some sort of unofficial holiday .... like um .... the celibration of belly button lint day or something.... Is it possible? .. Is there life outside your house?
*considers herself to be an EXTREME hypocrite right now*

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please not belly-button fluff. Anything but that.

Well, actually there are a couple of things worse than that, but lets not go there...

Come on Charles, you've gotta party. You know you want to...

------------------
'It's okay to only know three chords but God, put them in the right order'
-Hank Hill

Jubilee
Member # 99

Well, folks ... you thought you'd never hear this... but I have it from the Computer Guru himself.... HE HAS TAKEN TIME TO RELAX!

*sounds some trumpets* ...

So if we aren't going to declare this day Belly Button Lint day .... what SHOULD it be? ... Hm??

------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps